This proves that we have no championship defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This proves that we have no championship defense

Originally posted by ZOD

This is the most important stat of the game....

Time Of Possession IND 37:40 MIA 22:20

I still think that the 1-10 on 3rd downs by Miami is the most important stat of the game. :D

If they convert just a few more of those, the TOP is much closer.

Originally posted by ZOD
Yeah, the offense was given one last chance to win the game and they didn't come up with it which is still disappointing.

But as for the pace of the game.....

This is the most important stat of the game....

Time Of Possession IND 37:40 MIA 22:20

The defense just couldn't get off the field.

Main reason. Pass 29 times. Rush 14. Where the hell was the balance. How did we become a passing team all of a sudden? Because Griese had a good game against San Diego?

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Main reason. Pass 29 times. Rush 14. Where the hell was the balance. How did we become a passing team all of a sudden? Because Griese had a good game against San Diego?

It wasn't determined by "all of a sudden".

We became a passing team because we were down at the half 9-7 and the increment just got greater.

Couple that with the fact that Indianapolis held the ball for 20 of the 30 minutes of the second half.

That situation dictates that you become a passing team whether you like it or not.

The good? It took our QB 1:51 to score a TD in 4 plays.

The Bad? The same QB fumbled on essentially the play of the game because he experienced the same shock that Ray Lucas did. You got about three seconds to do something with the ball.

Originally posted by fairbanksb

No o-line = no running game. All that Norv can co is use Ricky as a decoy to pass the ball, therefore we become a passing team... sort of.

I have to say though, give us an O-line and we go to the Superbowl. I'm actually a bit surprised we're doing so well without a quality O-line. Think about it... all the games we've lost this year we had a chance to win.

Keep Griese starting and hopefully Dave picks up a couple of O-line free agents and this team is Superbowl bound!

Go Denver!!!!

Dont they use a stop watch during practice. The way he holds on to the ball forever tells me he's out of practice. He evades a rush and just stands there with the ball and it gets him in the back. He just doesn't have the receivers to make every play work. There are alot of people asleep at the wheele on this ship. Can you say Titanic.

Originally posted by Sherif
Dont they use a stop watch during practice.

Sherif I said it the entire offseason and got blasted.

"This is the same O-line that produced 1853 yards for Ricky", they said.

Yeah! Okay......

Griese rolled out on the last play IIRC. Freeney just came around untouched. :cry: Watching Freeney approach Griese from behind was excruciating to watch.

Back
Top Bottom