This site is worth $5.00 a member | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This site is worth $5.00 a member

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Hey Ice, we used phpBB once before, and it always crashed on us....

I wasn't here back in those days. :D But I use version 2.01 and it's never crashed on me. However, I also use MS SQL instead of mysql so that has a lot to do with it. I"m not running the latest version, but I haven't heard one word about it being bad or crashing. Maybe it's something you can look into. Who knows, it could be fixed. ;)

I'm a poor poor college student but would even dump a few bucks to keep my Fin news coming and even some of the convo's around here...even if some of you guys get on me hard lol.

*Disclaimer I am not trying to look like a richard with this post but probably will.

First let me say i am planning on donateing next friday when i get paid, but i have to think that a web site that gets 5.5 million hits could make $1500 dollars a month by it self. I only finished two years of college as a business major before i changed majors, and i am an idiot when it comes to internet finace, but i would have to think the earning potential of this site would be amazing. Am i completely wrong AJ? or is it an integrity of the site issue? Anyway you have done an awesome job putting this site together and let my commend you on doing so selflessly, and i will most deffinilty doante.

Hey Dajesus... the earning potential could be there. However, I am first a visitor before I am a webmaster. What I mean is this, could I have pop up ads and make more money? Sure. Do I think they are annoying? HECK YA! Thus, I personally don't like them... so I wouldn't put them on here.

If you look on the main page, you will notice that we are advertising a lot of "stores" that are affiliated with FinHeaven & Co. For one, the FinHeaven & Co store, which we make about 10% off of every sale. We do not make commission off of selling tickets, however, I went with letting the fans know of great deals (like the Lions game for example, theDolphinsTickets.com emailed me, saying the prices have dropped, thus, I told everyone else. This is a deal that only the members of this site have, no one else...) theDolphinsTickets.com also may give me free tickets to certain games.

Advertising has been extremely hard for us. Every "professional" site (ie: foxsports.com, miamidolphins.com, etc) looks as us as a "fan site" however, I prefer to say it as a site for the fans, because we aren't the normal run-by-night fan site.

As said, if you have connections with any company that may be interested, please let us know. If you have any good ideas about advertising in general, let us know.

Hey Dajesus, where did you get your business major? I plan on taking Business Admin at either USF or UCF... let me know...

Thanks again for everything...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Hey AJ I have had problems with Pay Pal.
Will you accept any other type of Donation form, like a money order?

Sure I will, that is why I have set up the PO Box... please send checks or money orders to the following address:

FinHeaven & Co
PO Box 46425
Tampa, FL 33647

Thank you for your donation, I really appreciate it. If you have any ideas or suggestions for the site, please let me know.

Thank you once again...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Back
Top Bottom