This sounds like a right way to go! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This sounds like a right way to go!

runrickyrun21

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me around here everyone is so for drafting a qb in the first round? I dont want to win two or three years down the road i want to win now! With this young but experinced team that saban has why not try and get a culpepper or a brees or bulger? yes if it doesnt work out then u have go via the draft but with a solid unit on the offensive side of the ball not sure if u guys noticed for the most part the ol played well last year with a few glimpses of struggles but played well most of the time so that isnt a much of a problem as you may think? i say try to grab one of those three guys and by the way there not that old!!! injury prone? maybe but its football people get injured! its the chance you take! Cb in the first round! I mean if you draft a qb now ur not planning on winning now, i mean u cant with gus ferrotte at the helm! i went to the game in late december against the titans sat three rows up and ferroted couldnt hit a garage if he wasnt aiming at it! chambers got seperation all day and he could of had a huge day but with passes thrown 10 feet above him one pass and the next pass thrown 20 feet in front you cant catch it! Chambers couldbe a top 3 reciever with a decent qb not a great one but a decent one! Thats my take I believe that its now or never for the fish, maybe being the biggest reason that defentse inst going to be around forever they want to win now and there not getting any better! Regardless I will always love the dolphins! Go Fish!

runrickyrun21 said:
Can someone please tell me around here everyone is so for drafting a qb in the first round? I dont want to win two or three years down the road i want to win now! With this young but experinced team that saban has why not try and get a culpepper or a brees or bulger? yes if it doesnt work out then u have go via the draft but with a solid unit on the offensive side of the ball not sure if u guys noticed for the most part the ol played well last year with a few glimpses of struggles but played well most of the time so that isnt a much of a problem as you may think? i say try to grab one of those three guys and by the way there not that old!!! injury prone? maybe but its football people get injured! its the chance you take! Cb in the first round! I mean if you draft a qb now ur not planning on winning now, i mean u cant with gus ferrotte at the helm! i went to the game in late december against the titans sat three rows up and ferroted couldnt hit a garage if he wasnt aiming at it! chambers got seperation all day and he could of had a huge day but with passes thrown 10 feet above him one pass and the next pass thrown 20 feet in front you cant catch it! Chambers couldbe a top 3 reciever with a decent qb not a great one but a decent one! Thats my take I believe that its now or never for the fish, maybe being the biggest reason that defentse inst going to be around forever they want to win now and there not getting any better! Regardless I will always love the dolphins! Go Fish!

That's exactly what we'll do. If we don't get on in FA we will get one in the early rounds. We will most likely go defense in round 1 but we do need a QB.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
That's exactly what we'll do. If we don't get on in FA we will get one in the early rounds. We will most likely go defense in round 1 but we do need a QB.
:link:

runrickyrun21 said:

super long post. nothing that hasnt been said before. and there are plenty of rookies who come in and start (Big Ben, not even gonna try to spell his last name, Peyton Manning, hell our own Dan Marino) and they played well, drafting a QB in round one does not mean that he will definetly not start, especially with an experienced vet to show him to ropes and help him learn the system in Gus and a good coaching staff.

Mainge said:

I don't have a source. That's just cvommon knowledge. If we are able to get a QB in Free agency why would we address it in the early rounds of the draft. If we sign someone like Drew Brees we will probably go after a safety, Linebacker or offensive lineman in the first.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I don't have a source. That's just cvommon knowledge. If we are able to get a QB in Free agency why would we address it in the early rounds of the draft. If we sign someone like Drew Brees we will probably go after a safety, Linebacker or offensive lineman in the first.

Well it depends on WHO we get in FA...if we get a guy who is already a good QB (veteran guy like McNair say), then it would be early in the draft that we take one...if we get a young guy that has 'potential' (Schaub, McCown, Brees, Ramsey, etc) then it may be later in the draft that we take one.

I think that Saban won't let the draft be the determining factor as far as upgrading the position this year. I think he'll get a FA that challenges Gus, at the least, and then draft someone later in the draft. He is too calculating a coach/GM to leave his hopes on getting the QB of the future at #16 or take the chance that he can make a trade to move up to get one of the top QBs in this years draft...

This is what SI.com had to say about our 1st round pick:

dolphins_30-1.gif
OTWinston JusticeUSCJr.6-6300The Dolphins would love to build an offensive line in front of Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams that's capable of dominating the line of scrimmage when those cold-weather AFC East games at New England, Buffalo and the Jets come up late in the season. But with the Dolphins needing quarterback help, they may try to move way up for Jay Cutler.

cornell said:
This is what SI.com had to say about our 1st round pick:

16http://i.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/logos/dolphins_30.gifOTWinston JusticeUSCJr.6-6300The Dolphins would love to build an offensive line in front of Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams that's capable of dominating the line of scrimmage when those cold-weather AFC East games at New England, Buffalo and the Jets come up late in the season. But with the Dolphins needing quarterback help, they may try to move way up for Jay Cutler.

Since when has SI known anything about what the Dolphins (or any other team) was going to do in the draft? :lol:

i seriously don belief in drafting a qb we already got sage that has shown he can be a great starting qb nobody talks about this guy he really is good

unfortunately Sage will be gone soon... he will be looking for a starting job come march 3rd

SoDakDolfan said:
Since when has SI known anything about what the Dolphins (or any other team) was going to do in the draft? :lol:
Since Peter King said JT would be great :wink:
They usually dont know squat about the draft though

I'm guessing you like exclamation points!!!

If Saban feels there's a franchise QB in the first and decides to take him, I'm all for it. I'd rather have a franchise QB who'll play 10 years than a free agent who'll play maybe 3.

runrickyrun21 said:
Can someone please tell me around here everyone is so for drafting a qb in the first round? I dont want to win two or three years down the road i want to win now! With this young but experinced team that saban has why not try and get a culpepper or a brees or bulger?

Why wait. To draft a young Qb. This year will be Nicks 2nd year. And if we wait another it will be 3. If this team is so young and experienced then they should be able to win with a rookie . If they are so experienced. We need more help than just Qb. But a Qb is the cornerstone of every team.

If we get one now he can either start right away. Which I don't know that that will happen or we will groom him for a year or so. If we wait another year to draft a potential Qb you are potentially looking at 3 to four yrs down the road from now til we actually see him play. In which Saban may not be here then.

We can't put all of our eggs in a basket of a guy like Culpepper, Bulger or even Brees. They all have serious injury or inconsistency issues. If we get one of those guys we still gotta draft someone 2nd-4th round. The whole problem is if we get Culpepper or Bulger wer'e probably going to have to give up a high pick, so wer'e going to spend 2 high picks on qbs this year? No way we have too many needs for that.

i'm telling you i have a really really good feeling about omar jacobs

Back
Top Bottom