This sounds like a right way to go! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This sounds like a right way to go!

The problem that most people don't consider with saying we need to draft a QB in round 1 is that likely 3 QBs will be gone by the time we pick and the rest are a big reach to round 1. So that means trading up. I doubt we give up draft picks to trade up considering how Saban values his picks.

There are 3 QBs projected to round 1; Leinhart, Cutler, and Young.
Young and Cutler have both been seen in mocks around here dropping to us. Problem is Cutler is rising to top 5 and isn't gonna be there for us. Young is falling some and not the kinda QB that can come in and play this season, and with his hype I still can't see him falling to 16, but some do.

My opinion is we will got front 7 on defense in first round this year because of the guys that will be availiable when we pick. Either DT or OLB.

CB and OT have a chance of being picks with Jimmy Williams CB or Winston Justice/Eric Winston at the OT spot. My problem with these picks is that Saban and HH like to find talent in later rounds with these positions since they are very familiar with evaluating talent at those respective spots.

I think 3rd is the most likely spot to see us drafting a QB but would not be surprised if we don't draft one till day 2 or maybe pick up someone undrafted to be another project like Berlin was.

DParks said:
i'm telling you i have a really really good feeling about omar jacobs

I watche him play and he has terrible mechanics and takes unneccesary risks. He's a raw talent.

runrickyrun21 said:
Can someone please tell me around here everyone is so for drafting a qb in the first round? I dont want to win two or three years down the road i want to win now!

...and everyone wanted to "win now!" after the 2002 season, 2003, and 2004...and it got us nowhere. Nick came in and brought youth to the team and look at how well we did last year...

You have to put your greed aside and ask yourself this question:
Do I want the phins to be a 1 hit wonder and make it to the superbowl like the Ravens did or do I want the phins to be a major contender for multiple years to come and maybe have a shot at dynasty status...Saban has made it very clear he is building a team that will be successful for the long time.

That's exacly it for me. If we don't get a QB in the first round, it will be a dissapointing pick IMO.

You may want to win now but thats not the right way to go. Saban is all about building a foundation for a great football team for years to come and we need a young QB for that reason. Who wants a one year wonder when you can have a dynasty!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom