This time last year...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This time last year......

Robonious

Club Member
Reaction score
The dolphins sat at 3-0, and were in 1st place in the race for home field.......How did that work out? This year we are 0-3 and might not win a game this season. Yet the future is much brighter going foward this year. Before this season we gave a quarterback 7 seasons to prove himself, signed multiple free agents to horrible contracts, and let home grown talent leave for little compensation. We had 3 people making decisions for the franchise with different visions which never works.

This season we have one man making the decisions with a coach he hand picked and shares a vision with. We are moving foward with one voice for once. This is the 1st step to becoming a good organization once again. Yes we are trading players and clearing cap room for the future, but we are getting maximum compensation. Tannenbaum would've released Tannehill and Robert Quinn for nothing. These are good decisions. You cant turn down the tunsil trade under any circumstances. Fitzpatrick just didnt want to be here, but we recieved acceptable compensation for a player who was good but not great. We now have 9 first or second round draft picks in the next 2 years. And add 3 more third rounders also. The future is bright in Miami. Half the people here do not believe in Grier to make these picks for the dolphins. I understand that opinion, but those other guys never made the trades that Grier has. Give the guy a shot he may suprise you. To me this season is about one thing.....finding out if Rosen is the guy to build this football team around. The kid is not getting help, and has maybe the worst offensive line in history blocking for him. I saw flashes from him on Sunday that makes me believe he might be what we are looking for. None of these college quarterbacks are a sure thing including Tua. We need to support this team thru this season no matter how tough it gets because there is a plan for once. If we stay the course I think this team will be very successful 2 or 3 years down the line.

I remember, enjoyed it even though i thought we were a bad 3-0...wish i was wrong. A couple of injuries derailed us esp with Guru Gase at the helm.

I'm fairly confident we can't screw this up this year.

I remember when all the Florida teams were 3-0, and it was debated who the contenders vs. pretenders were. LOL

I'm just hoping that we draft some o-line to protect whatever QB we use going forward. Whether it be Tua or Rosen. One thing this franchise has not done in years is try to protect the QB,

Im giving them all a chance.
I know its a rough situation were in, but i still dont view it as a tank.

Best thing about this year is googly eyes Gase is gone... Couldn't have gone to a better team too

Watched some of the Jets browns game and had hysterical bout of laughter... somewhere deep in the third quarter the announcer said "the Jets are 0 and 3 when throwing the ball beyond the line of scrimmage"

I think our future is definitely better now than it was this time last year but time can derail the best laid plans.

Best thing about this year is googly eyes Gase is gone... Couldn't have gone to a better team too

Watched some of the Jets browns game and had hysterical bout of laughter... somewhere deep in the third quarter the announcer said "the Jets are 0 and 3 when throwing the ball beyond the line of scrimmage"

I think our future is definitely better now than it was this time last year but time can derail the best laid plans.
I think we won in spite of Gase being here his first season.

I still don't see how he (GaSe) landed another HC job after the debacle in Miami. It's really like these guys are moved around like chess pieces to appease losing franchises fans

This is why the Bills fans might pump the breaks a little. They remind me of the 2013 Dolphins, 3-0, but there’s that uneasy feeling. But they do have an unbelievably easy schedule. If they don’t make the playoffs then shame on their head coach.

If Wilson and the offensive line had stayed healthy there's a good chance that whole crew would have been back for another year. Instead half the team is gone and Gase is a few losses away from eviscerating whatever good will he has left in the professional community. Sure is a fickle sport.

Still is a shame what happened to Wilson when he was really starting to shine even if in the long term the team was better off for it. I hope he gets another opportunity to show what hes capable of.

I liked being 3 0 last year and can't wait till we start 3 0 again. I am not of the opinion we have to clean house every time we get a new coach. All that tells me we probably have the wrong coach. Remember Gases first year was 10 6 with a team that compromised of the prior regime's players. IMO if RT stayed heathy then Gase would still be here this year and next.

Being 3-0 was always a false dawn. Our team has sucked for 2 decades. The worst part?...having the Patriots in our division. The Phins have made a big contribution to the success of Brady and his team. Bills and Jets are just as guilty. Whereas I couldn't care less about those 2 underperforming teams I will say I'm angry with my teams continual expertise in doing nothing and year after year handing the AFC East crown to those Patriots....every year without fail. In life you you flip a coin and it's always 50/50. We flip a coin for 20 years and it keeps coming up Pats. I'm ok with being embarrassed for one season. Make no mistake.... This had better be one season. I'm not having my team being made a laughing stock on media after this low. I'm hoping that management has a clue in the Draft. They better have a clue as they wont get a better shot at bringing in decent talent

Last edited:
This is why the Bills fans might pump the breaks a little. They remind me of the 2013 Dolphins, 3-0, but there’s that uneasy feeling. But they do have an unbelievably easy schedule. If they don’t make the playoffs then shame on their head coach.
They are tough to evaluate. We have seen several teams start 3-0 and play dominant football because the parity in the league seems much wider this year. Josh allen has not looked good for long stretches in these games which is not unusual for him. They are not awful but I think they are that Panthers level of pure average and hope Allen can overcome that like newton has to every year.

One thing the Dolphins have been good at for years now is teasing us. They win a few games and everyone thinks we just turned the corner and only to lay an egg and lets us all down. This season is very easy for me. Don't expect any wins and root for Pitt, Houston and the saints all to lose.

Back
Top Bottom