This Turd of a Draft can still be saved and made to look great. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Turd of a Draft can still be saved and made to look great.

People are gonna see this thing the way they want to see it. Nobody seems to be able to convince anyone otherwise. And everyone seems to have contrary "proof" to support their views. Just the way it is I suppose.

Still, I find it hard to consider this draft "a turd" when we got a bulldozing starter at our neediest position and we've still got 4 picks left. A "turd" would be Shula's '95 draft.

Ok. You guys are sitting there at 20. You know you desperately need help on the right side of the o-line. You know for a fact that New England and Dallas are both talking to the Vikings. You know that NE and Dallas have both been heavily tied with Carey quite a bit. You know that there are no RT guys who could potentially come in and start from day one. You find out the cost is a 4th rounder.

Do you pull the trigger?

If you just said no your a lying 20/20 hindsighting punk or you just got us a DT who won't have a chance to start for 2 years.

With how nuts the trades were in the draft you put that insurance policy in there. Also lets not forget that after Carey was off the board that Dallas traded OUT of the first round and who did they take in the 2nd? Jacob Rogers OT.

Muck said:
People are gonna see this thing the way they want to see it. Nobody seems to be able to convince anyone otherwise. And everyone seems to have contrary "proof" to support their views. Just the way it is I suppose.

Still, I find it hard to consider this draft "a turd" when we got a bulldozing starter at our neediest position and we've still got 4 picks left. A "turd" would be Shula's '95 draft.

That's not true, I have been convinced that Rick was dooped into taking a player that will help the Dolphins become a better team and a player that the Dolphins wanted. Wait!

Oliver...

mbmonk said:
No we were punked :).

I admit it's speculation but hell whats it going to hurt :), beside my reputation and theres not alot left of that.

"It's speculation" :eek2:

More like - not being satisfied because I love to B!TCH about the Dolphins !!!!

I think it is so very sad that some fans of this team think that they have all the answers... And when this team makes any type of move part of this fan base is NEVER satisfied !!

I mean if the Phins could have worked a deal for Manning, Gallery, Rivers, the same exact chronic :cry: babies would be B!TCHing !!!!!!!!!!!!

:fire:

Marino1983

you know what on the way home from work this am I got to listen to WIP 610 sports radio(Eagles station) . The callers were up in arms because the Eagles didn,t take VC! Thats right, VC ! I also got to listen to WFAN 66 am (Giants station) you know what most said about Manning ? Giants payed too much and we like Collins better the Giants should have taken O-line. Lesson of all this YOU CAN,T WIN!!!!!

Marino1983 said:
"It's speculation" :eek2:

More like - not being satisfied because I love to B!TCH about the Dolphins !!!!

I think it is so very sad that some fans of this team think that they have all the answers... And when this team makes any type of move part of this fan base is NEVER satisfied !!

I mean if the Phins could have worked a deal for Manning, Gallery, Rivers, the same exact chronic :cry: babies would be B!TCHing !!!!!!!!!!!!

:fire:

Marino1983

Wow calm.... down.... :couch:

Half of my post was just joking and light hearted fun. I completely admitted it was speculation on my behalf that we had been out foxed. I didn't say it was the cold hard truth or anything of that nature.

The only other thing I said was the jury was still out on Feeley, unless you have all the answers? But then that would make you one of the "fans of this team think that they have all the answers" wouldn't it?

I also said "hey he addressed what HAD to be addressed, QB + Line.". Wow that sounded like I was giving the front office credit. Guess not though?

Also, I have said in other threads that I really like the move to trade out of the 3rd round and get an extra pick.

You need to come down off your high :horsey: and relax.

I thought men didn't have a menstrual cycle :)

Maybe the dancing banana will cheer you up :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
VanDolPhan said:
Ok. Also lets not forget that after Carey was off the board that Dallas traded OUT of the first round and who did they take in the 2nd? Jacob Rogers OT.

Excellent point here.

VanDolPhan said:
Also lets not forget that after Carey was off the board that Dallas traded OUT of the first round and who did they take in the 2nd? Jacob Rogers OT.

That is a great point. I have a friend who is a cowboys fan and he was REALLY hoping Cary would slide down to them in the first round. I will mention the fact the dolphins had it graded the exact same way as Parcells if he starts complaining about the 'boys trading out of the 1st round.

While I disagree with trading the fourth rounder, I can live with it. I simply have a different philosophy about the draft and do not like keying in on one position---were it me, I would have let Carey go at 19 if that is what would have happened, and taken Wilfork or traded down and picked up Smiley.
But I can understand why Spielman went after Carey. He will be a very good player for us.
BUT I do NOT like trading our third for a fourth and a fifth. THAT was a waste. A third round pick can step in and play this season, while a fourth usually sits and fifth round picks usually don't even make our team. THAT was a dumb, desperate decision.

You all don't seem to get it.........Getting robbed of a 4th round pick is a big deal.......That is my beef....I like Carey, It's just that it is embarrassing that we were played like that.......The NE angle is exactly what I said it was......Pioli was wetting his pants that we had traded up to take Wilfork....then poof....we take Carey......Dallas was not even in the ballpark......Ed Werder reported on espn that Dallas had their highest grade on Shawn Andrews...not Vernon carey and that they wanted to trade up ONLY for Andrews........

We wuz robbed.

But Like I said.........Rick can prove himself today....there are some real NO BRAINERS in the 4th round.....we'll see.

We wuz robbed????? Get real, how many 4th rounders have contributed to us in the past. We needed OL help in the worst way and RS made sure we got it. Only 2-4 rookies make this team anyway. We're fine....stop whining!!!

Go MIAMI!!

Back
Top Bottom