This Under-the-radar Contract Move Will Help If The Miami Dolphins Move On From Parker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Under-the-radar Contract Move Will Help If The Miami Dolphins Move On From Parker

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
When the Dolphins signed wide receiver Brice Butler during their bye week, they did more than simply add depth for the rest of this season.

They might also have found their replacement for DeVante Parker on next year’s roster.

With the Dolphins likely needing to create cap space to fill needs this offseason, the odds are against Miami retaining Parker at the $9.4 million he’s owed next season, barring an amazing close to the season. That amount is guaranteed only in the event of a serious injury.

and though Butler said he wasn’t given an explanation, it was notable that when the Dolphins signed Butler on Nov. 14, they gave him a two-year deal through 2019. He will earn $810,000 next season.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article222332715.html

I think that this is interesting, (not the player per say) but the fact that along with O'Leary they did this- which would point to me- no real changes in the off season since they are doing this stuff...

Watched him in Dallas for 3 years. Now you can argue they didn't use him correctly(Linehan/Garrett) but he was limited in his routes.

Was a decent deep threat guy but seemed to get phased out as the year went on.
Went on ESPN, talked a big game about wanting to be a starter or he won't re-sign.
Sat in FA till the Cardinals signed him but then they cut him shortly afterwards.
Dallas re-signed him prior to trading for Cooper, never saw the field, then they cut him again.

When the Dolphins signed wide receiver Brice Butler during their bye week, they did more than simply add depth for the rest of this season.

They might also have found their replacement for DeVante Parker on next year’s roster.

With the Dolphins likely needing to create cap space to fill needs this offseason, the odds are against Miami retaining Parker at the $9.4 million he’s owed next season, barring an amazing close to the season. That amount is guaranteed only in the event of a serious injury.

and though Butler said he wasn’t given an explanation, it was notable that when the Dolphins signed Butler on Nov. 14, they gave him a two-year deal through 2019. He will earn $810,000 next season.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article222332715.html

I think that this is interesting, (not the player per say) but the fact that along with O'Leary they did this- which would point to me- no real changes in the off season since they are doing this stuff...
When you say no real changes, do you mean as far as the offense or the whole team in general?

When you say no real changes, do you mean as far as the offense or the whole team in general?

Sorry, I meant as far as the FO and probably the coach. Why else would they be able to extend O'leary and Butler sign into '19

I want to keep Parker just not at that price. Hoping for something like 2yrs 11 mil or so

anyone walking is better than devante parker.

If this is the dvp replacement you better be getting a difference maker damn tight end.

Smh

someone that actually wins on iso

If this is the dvp replacement you better be getting a difference maker damn tight end.

Smh

someone that actually wins on iso
If I was the coach I would have Gesiciki run 3 routes, a post,a flag, and a seem. Figure out how to turn him into a football player in the offseason. Get some use out of him now though

This team keeps moving further and further away from polish at wr

Doesn’t make any sense to me unless you got an alpha something else in the building

Well he costs 1/10th of what Parker would and will likely be healthy for 4x the amount of games that parker would in an avg season. So I don't see a problem with it as a depth move and to get a bigger body in the receiver room.

Back
Top Bottom