This weeks anouncers are.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This weeks anouncers are..

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Reaction score
..TV announcers: Kevin Harlan, Randy Cross, Beasley Reece.
are these guys any good? I'm getting sick of worthless announcers that know nothing about the teams or football.

you know Cross will talking up that Miami OL when RW is runnig over the KC DL :D

I think those guys are fine, they will be objective and be able to offer some good analysis. Thank God for the NFL ticket, can't wait.

Anyone is better than Simms and Gumble. I think the Giant's o-line got to much credit because Phil obviously got his bell rung1 to many times durring his playing days. I can't stand his bumbleing rants where he loses his track of thought halfway thru. He also screws up about 10 names a game. My favs of last week were Randy Mcdaneil and Jason Thomas.

Kevin Harlan is one of the best and most respected sports announcers.Randy Cross is a good color analyst,i dont know about the other guy.

Beasley Reece, isn't very good he use to do alot a browns games . That was is a 2 man booth not that its 3 maybe he doesn't run on as much. We wonder if he got paid by the word.

Originally posted by Dajesus
Anyone is better than Simms and Gumble. I think the Giant's o-line got to much credit because Phil obviously got his bell rung1 to many times durring his playing days. I can't stand his bumbleing rants where he loses his track of thought halfway thru. He also screws up about 10 names a game. My favs of last week were Randy Mcdaneil and Jason Thomas.

I agree 100%. Simms talks from tackle to snap non stop. CBS coverage overall sucks though. They diddn't even show the Dolphins Defense players at the start of the Jets game last week. There is a big Fins announcer that black guy that did the Detroit game. He seemed all for the Phins and anything they did. Is that Reese?

He also screws up about 10 names a game. My favs of last week were Randy Mcdaneil and Jason Thomas.

Add another:

He called Royals punting for the Jets on one of their punts. :lol:

Every time Gumble announces Dolphin Games, Jay plays like sh*t. It's an omen or something.

He also screws up about 10 names a game. My favs of last week were Randy Mcdaneil and Jason Thomas.

I also remember when he said Travis Minor was starting (obviously forgetting that Travis Minor gave his #34 jersey to Ricky months ago.) It was funny, "Travis Minor out of the backfield." I was like where the hell do you see Travis Minor?? Then I realized that he must have gotten the jersey #'s confused from last year....moran.

Randy Cross is one of my favourites...:eat:
Also i don't think Phil simms is that bad...
How bout my man Pat Sumerall :goof:

Turn the T.V. volume off and go with Mad Dog and Howard David. ALRIGHT MIAMI!!!!

Originally posted by BSQX4
Turn the T.V. volume off and go with Mad Dog and Howard David. ALRIGHT MIAMI!!!!

That's what I would usually do, but at least for home games, the video lags the radio and you hear whats happening a split second before you see it because of the round trips to the satellite for the video portion. I can't handle that. I wish they'd put a slight delay for the radio--at least for the Palm Beach station--so it would sync. I'm missing all that Mandich poetry! :lol:

Mandich for Monday Night Football!

Kevin Harlan is an awesome play-by-play guy. Especially when the game is exciting. He called our game in Buffalo last year. Remember his call when Chambers beat Ken Irvin for teh game-winning TD?? It's burned in my memory forever.

You may also know him from NBA games on TBS. He's the guy who goes "UP HIGH...DOWN HARD!!". He's got a great basketball voice. Can't wait.

My favorite is Matt Millen. He may be a sh*tty GM. But boy is he a good color man. Then again, he's been trying to hire Rick Speilman for two years. So maybe he isn't that bad of a personel man. ;)

Hey how is Howard David anyways? I remember a big up roar over him getting hired to do the games with Mandich but haven't heard any feed back.

With NFL ticket I don't have to listen to the stations website anymore.
Opinions?

Back
Top Bottom