This will get ugly if true | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will get ugly if true

This is the stuff of nightmares...

Move up to 2 and waste all that draft capital and not take the best football player in the draft in Chase Young.

I would be happy if we did that trade and got Chase Young. Would not be ok if we got Herbert instead. The worst part is that seems like such a Chris Grier move. This sounds like the worst move we could make. If we stay at 5 we are guaranteed either Tua or Herbert, trading up would be very Bill O'Brien of us.

giphy.gif

Grier has loved Herbert for over a year now. He'll do it.

The thing that has always scared me with Herbert is the potential time sink. He will be just good enough to not give up on and just bad enough to not bring us anywhere. Ross is going to be 80 in a month, hopefully he doesn't have time for that again.

I’m letting the Chargers, Panthers, Jaguars and Raiders know pick 5 is on the table if they want to trade up.

I’ll take your picks and build the best defense and OL imaginable while snagging two RBs and see you next year (Lawrence or Fields).

Of course I’m waiting until I’m on the clock to do it. I certainly want a QB but it’s not the end all for me right now.

Tua, Herbert and Love all have potential. If I acquire them, it’s on my terms.

Look at the 2017 draft and the three very different outcomes for the trade ups for Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes. One horrible trade, one pretty good trade and one epically awesome trade. Regardless of who our QB is, it’s very unlikely he’s better than Mahomes so always keep in mind we will have to go through him for the next decade in AFC.

If this were to happen. I think most of us would lose our **** and Chris Grier would need to make sure he isn’t seen in public around Davie.
Grier did an excellent job in building the Draft capital over the past year. He's earned the opportunity to be able to spend it in the manner that he thinks will bring us long term success.
I like Tua but I also like Herbert. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Herbert's stock is steadily climbing, because he doesn't come with the medical risk that Tua brings.
Chris Grier, Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie have analyzed the hell out of all the QBs and all Draft scenarios and if their conclusion is Herbert, then I'm comfortable with that. If their conclusion is Tua, I'm comfortable with that too. We all know that Tua is the more accurate passer. However, Herbert didn't have the talent around him that Tua had in Alabama, he's 6" taller, he's got the bigger arm, he's a very good development prospect who can take his game to a higher level in the NFL and I repeat, he doesn't come with the medical risk of a hip that will need to be replaced.

Grier has loved Herbert for over a year now. He'll do it.

The thing that has always scared me with Herbert is the potential time sink. He will be just good enough to not give up on and just bad enough to not bring us anywhere. Ross is going to be 80 in a month, hopefully he doesn't have time for that again.
oh, so basically tannehill again? great. We just got back on the qb bandwagon after wasted years with Tannehill

Grier did an excellent job in building the Draft capital over the past year. He's earned the opportunity to be able to spend it in the manner that he thinks will bring us long term success.
I like Tua but I also like Herbert. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Herbert's stock is steadily climbing, because he doesn't come with the medical risk that Tua brings.
Chris Grier, Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie have analyzed the hell out of all the QBs and all Draft scenarios and if their conclusion is Herbert, then I'm comfortable with that. If their conclusion is Tua, I'm comfortable with that too. We all know that Tua is the more accurate passer. However, Herbert didn't have the talent around him that Tua had in Alabama, he's 6" taller, he's got the bigger arm, he's a very good development prospect who can take his game to a higher level in the NFL and I repeat, he doesn't come with the medical risk of a hip that will need to be replaced.
I am not sure how he was excellent in building draft capital. He traded away one of the best safeties in the game and the best offensive lineman on the team. He now has to use that so called excellent draft capital to draft a safety and a LT to replace two of the best players on the team.
The reason the Dolphins are in the mess they are in now talent wise is because Grier has basically screwed up the last four drafts as the teams GM. Just because he has a lot of picks in this draft doesn’t mean he will be any better selecting talent than he has been previously. Hopefully Allen, McKenzie and Flores are better at recognizing NFL caliber talent than Grier is or else this rebuilding job will going on for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom