This will make You SICK... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will make You SICK...

Sundance Kid

Starter
Reaction score
Bill Belichick went 14-2 with the youngest defense in the NFL (average.age 25 years) and now gets two draft picks in the first, second and third rounds. Just saying. A couple of years ago, there was the wonder if the Pats dynasty was fading. No such thoughts anymore.:confused:

When you have an owner caring about winning championships and not having a celebrity party in his new club at the stadium does that for your...oh yeah and also a coach who can mold a team with any players helps you.

At least Oakland went 8-8... :rolleyes:

I just wonder which team will foolishly cough up their 2012 first/second rounder to them this year. You know it's gonna happen.

And, Carolina's second round pick is virtually an end of first round pick since they finished last. Sweet. I bet we trade it.

BB went 14-2 b/c he has the best player in the game at the most important position. NE did draft well this past year but that was really the first time in 5-6 years that NE had a good draft.

The new draft format is going to make the No 1 pick on day 2 [33 from carolina] value shoot the roof . If some QB or cannot miss player which every one is there i see a team giving up a 2012 first and 3rd for 4th for it.

F*** the Pats..Its just too bad the Dolphins can do anything to stop the evil Bill Belicheck and Patriots..

When you have an owner caring about winning championships and not having a celebrity party in his new club at the stadium does that for your...oh yeah and also a coach who can mold a team with any players helps you.

Or an owner/coach that has Brady to work around with. Patriots D was 25th in the league in yards allowed. Credit Brady for the wins.

The defense was 25th in yards allowed but I believe 13th in points allowed. The Patriots also have one of the better redzone defenses in the league. It's not anywhere near as bad a unit as some people think

The next 3 years the Patriots will have 10% of the best 100 players coming out of college the way they set up their draft. Talk about being ****ed as a dolphins fan

Im not too worried about their drafting skills. They have had couple of good drafts the last two seasons, but before that, they really haven't had much success under Belichick. Atleast not the kind of success you would associate the team of the decade with. The Brady home-run is what has been working for Beli. We all saw once Brady was injured after the perfect regular season where they dominated every single team until the SB, Cassel only won 11 games and missed the playoffs. Yes they won 11, but it was a drop off from 16 wins. Thats the difference having Brady back there. Without Brady, this Pats team is about a 10 win team. I do like their future though with the recent draft success. Just don't expect that success to continue.

We all know the Jets sucked with their drafts early in the decade, but the only reason they have been very competitive the last 3 years is because they had some really nice drafts, plus some nice trades (part of the draft since draft picks were used for all trades). Their future is also bright with the draft success they had the last 5 years. 2010 draft seems weak so far for the Jets, however.

The defense was 25th in yards allowed but I believe 13th in points allowed. The Patriots also have one of the better redzone defenses in the league. It's not anywhere near as bad a unit as some people think

I agree with you. I just think Brady deserves the credit for the 14 wins. They had the highest PPG by far. The played very well the last few games, but before that, Pats pass D was one of the worse to start off the season if not mistaken.

Im not too worried about their drafting skills. They have had couple of good drafts the last two seasons, but before that, they really haven't had much success under Belichick. Atleast not the kind of success you would associate the team of the decade with. The Brady home-run is what has been working for Beli. We all saw once Brady was injured after the perfect regular season where they dominated every single team until the SB, Cassel only won 11 games and missed the playoffs. Yes they won 11, but it was a drop off from 16 wins. Thats the difference having Brady back there. Without Brady, this Pats team is about a 10 win team. I do like their future though with the recent draft success. Just don't expect that success to continue.

We all know the Jets sucked with their drafts early in the decade, but the only reason they have been very competitive the last 3 years is because they had some really nice drafts, plus some nice trades (part of the draft since draft picks were used for all trades). Their future is also bright with the draft success they had the last 5 years. 2010 draft seems weak so far for the Jets, however.

I have high hopes for the Pats drafting abilities for the foreseeable future. Nick Caserio has been heading the draft since Pioli left after the 2008 season. SO far, he and BB seem to have hit more often than not, especially this past draft.

The Jets did do well in 2008 & 2009 drafts, by moving up and selecting a few premium guys. Now that is coming back to haunt them. Between the lack of picks and the lower slot in the draft the past two years, it remains to be seen what tannenbaum can do. The 2010 draft class looks iffy at best.

Back
Top Bottom