This would be intriguing. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This would be intriguing.

BillsFanInPeace

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
One thing I wanted to do early in this year (and was going to do it this monday), but missed alot of the game.

Is chart the Wildcat against a bad run defense and compare it to your normal running plays against the same defense. Bottomline it is pretty common knowledge when Bob Sanders is out the Colts are horrible against the run.

What I wanted to do is chart your run plays out of the Wildcat (which should work against a bad run defense)

And compare them to the normal running plays (which also should work against said defense)

In comparing the two numbers to see if there is a big viariance. For example if the Wildcat AVGs 7.0 yards a carry (with essentially no pass threat)

And your normal offensive runs avg 3.0 yards a carry (with a pass threat).

There is something to look at. If this is a trend over the year Questions would have to be asked about your Normal Running Package (Plays, Personnel and such).

I am going to try and do this with every Fin game I watch and just see what the numbers look like.

Brilliant. And to think some of us just see running the ball as running the ball regardless of not passing the ball.

Back
Top Bottom