Votes: 8 20.0%
  • 1st rder for Wally and go OL and WR

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • 1st rder for Wally go QB and OL

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other and if so what and who?

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Honestly my suspicion is that it would be TOTALLY Spielman's style to like, trade away next year's 1st or 2nd rounder for Drew Henson, take a WR or OL in the first round, and then do everything in his power to keep Ogunleye.

I think RS should trade a 2005 1st for an early 2004 2nd. The draft is SO good and miami does need a lot of positions.

IMO

Losman (QB), Jenkins(WR), Bell (OG) would make a GREAT 1st day (this doesn't include the 3rd round, and maybe the other 3rd miami gets for Ogun).

If Miami traded for Eli, i don't think i would be upset though. as long miami goes big in FA.

Miami will NOT get Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger. Even if Ogunleye signs with another team, the pick would have to be really high to be able to trade up high enough to get either of the two, and I doubt a team in the top 10 would give up their pick to sign Ogunleye.

I think right now, we will probably go OL or WR in the first round. If Ogunleye leaves, we will get both. QB is also a huge need but Rivers would be a reach at #20 and Losman has a bad attitude.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Miami will NOT get Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger. Even if Ogunleye signs with another team, the pick would have to be really high to be able to trade up high enough to get either of the two, and I doubt a team in the top 10 would give up their pick to sign Ogunleye.

I think right now, we will probably go OL or WR in the first round. If Ogunleye leaves, we will get both. QB is also a huge need but Rivers would be a reach at #20 and Losman has a bad attitude.

I hear SD is thinking about trading #1 overall for Bell and Pitts #1. Two #1s and something more has got to be more attractive. I am not sugesting its the best option, but it is interesting and open for debate...........:rolleyes:

i picked 1st rounder Rivers....

now that marino is in office, he will have a big impact on our draft decisions. everyone knows we need a quarterback and he is a great guy to see that talent. after meeting with the QB's at the senior bowl i think marino made up his mind. they met with Losman for not long at all, and every draft speculation had us going with losman.... if you saw his interviews on TV he is one ****y S.O.B..... marino doesn't like that - he wants a humble, intelligent quarterback that can become a great one.

Rivers, one of the most accurate NCAA passers of all time, appeals to marino - marino sees himself in Rivers. Rivers is humble but gets the job done. Marino was so impressed with Rivers and Rivers even admits to being a HUGE marino fan as a kid.... Rivers wants to study under Marino and play for miami.

Miami spends 45 minutes interviewing Rivers at the senior bowl. I see Rivers going at pick #20.

i don't see the o-gun thing going b/c, it is just TOO good and optimistic. besides, we have no one else at DE, we need o-gun. if we don't get rid of him, we can keep him and still get our QB at our first pick.

in the third round there will be plenty of OL and WRs left. and then of course we still have free agency. we'll be fine.

My opinion is to go with WR as first pick, a guy who can play in Septemeber and can make an impact, if we don't have another pick via trade...

In 2nd round go for QB like Losman (if he is there) or OL. Losman's attitude might be an issue, but he is young enough to learn. From what I have read here in these post and all the articles on him, he has the best physical skills, aside from attitude (might be overblown), after ELi and Ben. Being a 2nd rounder, he is removed from the hype sorrounding a first round draft....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Disnardo
My opinion is to go with WR as first pick, a guy who can play in Septemeber and can make an impact, if we don't have another pick via trade...

In 2nd round go for QB like Losman (if he is there) or OL. Losman's attitude might be an issue, but he is young enough to learn. From what I have read here in these post and all the articles on him, he has the best physical skills, aside from attitude (might be overblown), after ELi and Ben. Being a 2nd rounder, he is removed from the hype sorrounding a first round draft....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

We don't have a second rounder.

Ooops My Bad! I did not Think We had a Third

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

We don't have a second rounder.

Yeap my mistake. :)

Well in that case, I would still get a WR in the first... and see if Losman is available, or a OL, in the third.

Still don't believe DM and RS will not take a QB in that first round. But this means we won't have a QB ready to play for a few years.

if we have 2 1st rounders due to Ogun being sign with another team then i say draft a good WR then Rivers at #20. I wouldnt touch Losman with his bad attitude & I dont think the fins are going to risk it in taking Losman.

trade ogun for a 1st and 3rd:
draft rivers- 1st
jenkins/clayton/devery williams- 1st
Nickleckey- 3rd
TonyPape/JacobBell- 3rd
DaveBall/IsaacHill - 4th
Tommy Kelly- 5th
LukeLawton- 6th
Geathers- 7th

Re: Ooops My Bad! I did not Think We had a Third

Originally posted by Disnardo

Yeap my mistake. :)

Well in that case, I would still get a WR in the first... and see if Losman is available, or a OL, in the third.

Still don't believe DM and RS will not take a QB in that first round. But this means we won't have a QB ready to play for a few years.

Losman and Rivers won't be left by the third round... no decent QB's we've been scouting will be. Thats why we have to jump on them by the first. good WRs and OL WILL be available in the third, however. thats why there is a rush on a QB in the first.

cheers.

I agree Phillip Rivers at # 20. This kid has a gun for an arm. I think he will be there for us too.:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom