Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thomas

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
So many mags think Thomas isnt that good anymore. But they have been saying that for the past few seasons and what does he do. Be in the top 5 in tackles once again.

I think Crowder is the kind of Linebacker, Saban would want over pope. Pope did well last year but our system was that the mLB was aloud to run free and get to the ball carrier. Thats why w/o Tim bo and Chester, we went from a top run defense to one of the worst.

Pope is like Thomas
Good speed
Not good size

Crowder is huge and has solid speed. Much more what Saban is looking for..

I can't wait to see the faces of those who say Zach Thomas cannot excell in Saban's system because he's UNDERSIZED. I'll be laughing in their faces just like those who said that Zach Thomas could never make it in the NFL. He proved the DOUBTERS wrong and he'll do it again this year. I'm hoping for a GREAT season so he can restructure his contract and finish his career a Miami Dolphin.

in fantasy leagues where you pick individuals for defense, i have seen many mock drafts where zach is ranked number 1 of LB.

Zach is Zach. Lets all just be grateful we have him on our squad. They say ya dont miss em till ther'e gone.

Zack is very good, just not elite IMO. I will say this again. He gets tackles but where is he on 3rd and 1 or a game ending drive? Where is he to make that big stop? I could care less what your stats are.

Zack will probably be ok in a 3-4 or Sabans sysytem. But he will be replaced. I love Pope. However, realize that Crowder would be a better fit in Sabans system.

dolfan305 said:
everyone hates on our defense saying its over rated. every team in the league wishes they had our DEFENSE.

I wouldn't go that far. Our defense is very good but like its been said before, where is our defense when the game is on the line? Our defense is far from over rated but its not the best either.

Smaller linebackers are not a problem in the 3-4, if they arent asked to play against their strengthes. Look at Donnie Edwards. He's taller and lighter then Zach(Less leverage, muscle mass) and he excelled last season when the Chargers switched to a 3-4.

In the Jimmy Johnson/Dave Wannstedt 4-3, only 2 D-linemen lined up inside of the Offensive Tackles regularly. Under Saban, Zach will have an extra 300ish pound defender in that same space helping keep blockers off him.

Not only that, but when he is in the 3-4, the linebacker next to him will most of the time be there to make his life easier. A wise man once described the position to me as a Defensive fullback.

If you watch Randall Godfrey play ILB for San Diego, his job was to make Donnie Edwards life easier. His primary job is to disrupt the play. He'll be constantly run blitzing, trying to knock the fullback out of the play, etc.

Back
Top Bottom