Thompson is taking to much heat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson is taking to much heat

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I honestly dont think Derrius is that bad. I dont think we know how to use him. He is not a speed guy that a deep threat he should be used for short passing routes and throw it up and let him make a play the way we used to use Gadsden. All they had him running all year were flys and deep posts and thats just not his game. I cant remember the exact amount of reception he had in washington but Spurriur knew how to use this guy and we dont think it was like 60 range. Just my opinion I may get ripped but oh well.

Well he played like crap when he was on the field. In theory he isnt that bad but he just played bad on the field. If he is better than we think then let him prove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He cant really prove anything until they satrt throwing him the ball. Dont believe he dropped a single pass all year.

Thompson had a few drops actually, and he wasn't getting seperation from the DBs. I agree he wasn't being used as a possession reciever though. If used as a true possession reciever, I think we'll see a different Derrius Thompson than what we saw last season......

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
He cant really prove anything until they satrt throwing him the ball. Dont believe he dropped a single pass all year.

wow, would you like to place a bet?

Now, i agree with letting Thompson staying and competing. he did the noble thing and took the cut. He knows he still has to prove his worth. Problem is........we have some young bucks waiting to break into the next level and there are some pretty good WR's in this draft.

Thompson s*cks. He only got numbers the last year he was in Washington because Surrier throws the ball 50 times a game.

He also has to get open for him to even see a pass. He's slower than most QBs.

Derrius started out real slow & didn't get many looks but played better as the season progressed. If we had a QB he'd have put up better #s like everyone else.

Originally posted by chambers84

He also has to get open for him to even see a pass. He's slower than most QBs.

Exactly he is too slow to run deep posts and go routse he bring him accross the middle against a LB he wins that fight everytime. Im not saying he is a franchise reciever just think he woulod be a really good third option in the slot.

hes a better slot receiver IMO, and he mistimed some jumps, route running wasn't that great, and dropped some passes... he just had a terrible year, thats not to say he cant turn it around though. He was genuinely upset with his performance and didnt shrug it off like a lot of guys would. I think hell work hard and now he has a solid WR coach to help him.

he's a #3 guy at best who we could probably keep (although I sure as hell don't care if he goes, I don't hate him but wouldn't mind seeing his spot open up for a good WR in this year's draft).

And on top of the drops, wrong route running, etc. when the QB DOES throw off a bad pass he doesn't know/remember/whatever in lala land to cut back inside to at least block the corner from making the INT which he could have easily done at least one time this year (forget the game, it was the left-sideline pass that Jay through the INT on.....and then the next game they came out and that was the first play of that game as well except it worked THAT time but not the first one)......

Back
Top Bottom