Thompson restructures/Todd Wade-Steelers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson restructures/Todd Wade-Steelers?

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
This was crammed into the Taylor sued by father story on the Palm Beach Post.

Thompson restructures deal: Receiver Derrius Thompson became the fourth Dolphin to restructure his contract to allow the Dolphins to get under the salary cap, following defensive lineman Larry Chester, Jay Williams and David Bowens.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_04d318f3c6ea009f00cd.html

The article also mentions the Steelers as a potential suitor for Todd Wade.

It is my understanding that Wade and the Dolphins were exchanging numbers that seemed to be fruitful on both sides but no contract had been signed. Perhaps seeing what kind of interest the Steelers have in him might be helpful. We can always revert back to the transition or franchise tag ( although mighty expensive) and either lock him up for at least one more year, or get some quality picks back form a team who is hell bent on getting him.

No, that was a story about the proposal from the agent to the club. Haven't heard anything about it since.

I guess his people haven't gotten with our people so his people can meet with our people to do lunch. :D

Aren't we still offering something like 25 mill with 10 mill as bonus? And he said he wants to stay.. that's a lot of $$ :eek:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Todd Wade to Steelers in a trade or free agency??

Didn't Miami just sign Todd Wade to a big contract?

Wade is an unrestricted free agent, so there would be no trade involved. If the Steelers wanted him badly enough, they could just sign him and get him without giving up anything.

Personally, I'm not too worried. I've seen enough reports that they're close on the numbers that I'm confident he'll be back here, even if we're overpaying for him because of the market.

Originally posted by ZOD
Thompson restructures deal: Receiver Derrius Thompson became the fourth Dolphin to restructure his contract to allow the Dolphins to get under the salary cap, following defensive lineman Larry Chester, Jay Williams and David Bowens.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_04d318f3c6ea009f00cd.html

Am I the only one here who thinks Thompson's restructuring negotiation should have gone something like this...

Agent: Derrius wants to come back next year, but knows he'll have to take a pay cut. What are you offering?

Spielman: 10 bucks an hour and all the practice time he can handle.

Agent: Done.

wade to steelers could mean better compensation pick status.

Originally posted by finfan54
wade to steelers could mean better compensation pick status.

Miami doesnt get a comp pick for Wade.This deal should be done before the FA period begins.Well if not and he goes somewheres else we just added a 4th O-lineman in the offseason to acquire.

Originally posted by musphinzfan

Miami doesnt get a comp pick for Wade.This deal should be done before the FA period begins.Well if not and he goes somewheres else we just added a 4th O-lineman in the offseason to acquire.

:confused:

I think Wade sucks!

And, we'll be dumping Ruddy and Perry. We'll have Wade Smith at LT, McKinney at C. 5 - 2 = 3.

I think we can get Orlando Brown a LOT cheaper than what Wade is asking and he's Better!

I also think Nails could be back - he will be better and healthier this year.

We also have some young guys who could come along and there are several good OG's out there:

Villareal, Woody, etc.

Wade is NOT worth the money.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

:confused:

I think Wade sucks!

And, we'll be dumping Ruddy and Perry. We'll have Wade Smith at LT, McKinney at C. 5 - 2 = 3.

I think we can get Orlando Brown a LOT cheaper than what Wade is asking and he's Better!

I also think Nails could be back - he will be better and healthier this year.

We also have some young guys who could come along and there are several good OG's out there:

Villareal, Woody, etc.

Wade is NOT worth the money.

No, Wade probably is not worth the money. Unfortunately, the market dictates that we'll have to pay it to him. There's not a better option out there. We know that Clifton and Tait are unavailable. Orlando Brown? No way. God, I'd take Wade with one leg over that one-eyed, walking temper tantrum. Did you see the Ravens-Titans playoff game? Brown practically cost the Ravens that game singlehandedly.

I don't think Villarial is going to cost a fortune on the open market, so if we want him, we can probably get him for a little more than we're paying Todd Perry to suck. Woody, eh, that's a different story, but they made a competitive offer to Kruetz last year, despite cap issues, so we'll see.

A line of Smith, McKinney, Woody, Villarial and Wade, with Nails competing for a spot if healthy, would be dynamite!

Originally posted by musphinzfan

yeah but that wont happen. pittsburgh will just wait for FA. either we sign him, or he waits for free agency. why should pittsburgh give something up if all they have to do is make the offer on march 3? then we would get comp pick if we choose not to match.

I totally agree with you da'fins.

I don't think Wade is even that good. Plus I think that Nails will rebound this year.

Re: Re: Thompson restructures/Todd Wade-Steelers?

Originally posted by phunwin

Am I the only one here who thinks Thompson's restructuring negotiation should have gone something like this...

Agent: Derrius wants to come back next year, but knows he'll have to take a pay cut. What are you offering?

Spielman: 10 bucks an hour and all the practice time he can handle.

Agent: Done.

:lol:

I agree...funny stuff too.

Wade has the physical tools, but his head is not where it should be. He COULD be good but I don't know if he will ever live up to the expectations we had for him.

Back
Top Bottom