Thoughts About Smith's Contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts About Smith's Contract

gator_sensation

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I remember reading in another poster that said Smith doesn't want to play for SF so thats why he is making a big fuss about his contract. Which poster said it??I'm starting to think that poster is right. Smith is not agreeing to anything SF is offering him (according to various sources posted here). Rodgers is going to come out looking very smart by taking the money SF is offering him if SF really does draft him. My guess is that Smith may have another team in mind he wants to play for. Miami? I still prefer a WR or RB with the #2 pick.

I believe that is true.

Smith doesnt really want to go to SF, he wants to come here. He was on ESPN today, and guess what color his shirt was? Aqua. :cooldude:

Jnaledu3 said:
I believe that is true.

Smith doesnt really want to go to SF, he wants to come here. He was on ESPN today, and guess what color his shirt was? Aqua. :cooldude:

Are you serious that he wore Aqua or just BSing? It may seem like nothing, but it does make you say hmmmmmm.

my guess is that his visit was amazing last week. He decided at that time that he wanted to go to Miami.....badly

I bet the interest was mutual with Saban, and Condon is playing hardball, hoping to get his client to Miami

As nice as that would be I don't see that as the case. Condon is just doing what he should which is ask for a slight increase to the deal the #1 pick got last year. That is the way it works every year. The 9ers are just being cheap. Either way I hope Smith is there for us at 2.

Alex Smith is not stupid, he sees what a mess the Niner organization is now, and he sees future success with Nick Saban and the Dolphins........I believe he will hardball the Niners.

sports24/7 said:
As nice as that would be I don't see that as the case. Condon is just doing what he should which is ask for a slight increase to the deal the #1 pick got last year. That is the way it works every year. The 9ers are just being cheap. Either way I hope Smith is there for us at 2.

believe what you want about the contract, but Nick and Scott did not just bring him in for a 2 day visit last week for their health. Saban doesn't mess around, and he wouldnt have wasted his time if there was a big interest

Back
Top Bottom