Thoughts on Jack Campbell? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Jack Campbell?

If we lose AVG, with that size Campbell could be a target for that role. But he must test well. AVG had 38 vert, 123 broad, and 6.89 three cone, 4.59 40.
I doubt Campbell tests that well. He strikes me as a 4.7/4.8 type, but maybe he's more athletic than I give him credit for.

Not sure Sanders will make it to the Fins pick.

He is likely the 2nd LB off the board, maybe 3rd.

Not sure Sanders will make it to the Fins pick.

He is likely the 2nd LB off the board, maybe 3rd.
ILBs always seem to fall, and a lot of the higher drafted one tend to bust anyway. (Simmons, for instance, was very over-drafted)

But in the 2nd or 3rd, I think you look for players who've slid a bit. Sanders would be a very interesting target for us if he makes it to us, and he might-- this is expected to be a VERY weak year for ILBs.

I am not in love with drafting LB's very high unless they are pass rushers.

I would probably look at OL or DL or CB unless the LB was a good fit and clearly the "best player available".

It will depend on what they can accomplish in FA and who the new DC is going to be.

Pace is an interesting prospect, over at PFF they have him graded as the #1 LB in the nation this year yet they have him ranked as a late 5th/early 6th rounder at #162 overall.

We are going to have to wait to see who they hire as DC before we know if they will be interested in lighter, fast guys like Pappoe and Overshown or bigger dudes like Sewell and Campbell.

Every piece that I see says the same thing: this is a really weak year for LBs.

Because of this, I think you have to bargain-hunt a bit... if you go into the draft, telling yourself that you HAVE to have a guy, you'll end up overpaying.

Honestly... about the only guy that I might be happy with in the 2nd is Sanders, there are a couple of other guys that I'd bit on in the third or fourth round, so a trade down from one of those 3s might work.

Back
Top Bottom