Thoughts on Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Offseason

phinfanNY08

Starter
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I last posted anything so I feel alot of current events with the team requires my opinion i suppose

1. Manny Wright has amazing talent. Why is it so hard to keep his work ethic up with the team? You are playing professional football for millions of dollars a year and you cant stop eating McDonalds on a daily basis? With Keith Traylor now in limbo with his altercations, Wright may be the guy to go to. Where is Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Kevin Carter? They need to get on his case and let him know that Saban won't tolerate it. If he wants to be fat and useless he can do it on his own time, not on Wayne and Co's. He needs to step up because he will be a huge asset to this improving defense.

2. Slaughter me for doing this, but yes Ricky Williams. He was my favorite player when he first arrived and I was always high on him during his whole mess with the league drug policy. I think Saban did the right thing in allowing him to pursue the Canadian Football League for a season. This will get him in shape and will allow Nick to view tape of what the CFL used to get Ricky his yards. And take some of that footage and use it for the next year he is back with Miami. He will not be traded, Nick finds him to be a huge asset to this franchise and he works very hard. The only way you can see Ricky get traded is if he stays committed to the game for a few years and rebuilds his value to the rest of the league. Right now Saban is the only one who believes in Ricky.

3. I feel going into the season, Culpepper, Harrington, and Lemon are a good tandem of QB's. Culpepper can help mature Lemon into being the backup when Joey is traded in the future. Harrington and C-pep both have great experience at QB, although Joey had a tough time in detroit, both will feed off eachother and help eachother out. I feel that even if Culpepper could be a go opening night against Pitt. I still feel he should sit out at least the first few weeks of the season just so Joey can build (hopefully) some trade value and Culpepper's knee can become fully healthy and he can run this team for many years to come.

4. Going into the season, I still feel we are an 11-5 ball club. I think the Phins will be winning the AFC East and hopefully make the Conference Championship. My views may change as training camp approaches but the core of young players now on this team will make this team stronger and more flexible for years to come.

Don't slay me, i just haven't been here for all the topics that have been covered lately:shakeno:

Sounds alright but as far as JT and Zach getting on someone or showing any type of leadership skills we may as well forget especially from it's all about me JT.

Back
Top Bottom