Thoughts on our first game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on our first game

Club Member
Reaction score
I've waited for this day for over 40 years. Although I lived in FL until my late birthday 20s, this is the first time I've ever seen the Phins play. The wife and I decided to fly down and spend our anniversary weekend on the beach, and go to the game. Even though they didn't win, we had an awesome time. Here are my thoughts from today:

• I love the look and feel of the updated stadium. It was so awesome to finally walk into that place.
  • Bobby McCain sucks at safety. He had at least 3 missed tackles that either allowed a TD, or gave up a big play.
  • It was fantastic to see Grant have a big game. I had just leaned over to the guy next to me and said "you know, Grant it due to bust one of these open," and there he goes for 101 yd return.
  • It was a blast being around so many fellow fans for once in my life. Usually, I'm watching the game by myself or with fans 9f other teams. It was kinda strange, actually.
  • Bobby McCain sucks at safety.
  • Parker looks like he finally belongs in this league. He was the most dominant WR on the field, and you can tell he's still improving.
  • The tailgating scene at Hard Rock is amazing! I've never seen anything like it. Very cool to see so many out having fun, even on a very bad year on a day that was cool, windy, and cloudy.
  • It was awesome meeting phins_4_ever today at his tailgate. He gave me lots of help and information leading up to the game, and was a gracious host at his tailgate. Mrs. Ren and I really enjoyed talking to him. We hope to do it again next year.
  • Bobby McCain sucks

I've waited for this day for over 40 years. Although I lived in FL until my late birthday 20s, this is the first time I've ever seen the Phins play. The wife and I decided to fly down and spend our anniversary weekend on the beach, and go to the game. Even though they didn't win, we had an awesome time. Here are my thoughts from today:

• I love the look and feel of the updated stadium. It was so awesome to finally walk into that place.
  • Bobby McCain sucks at safety. He had at least 3 missed tackles that either allowed a TD, or gave up a big play.
  • It was fantastic to see Grant have a big game. I had just leaned over to the guy next to me and said "you know, Grant it due to bust one of these open," and there he goes for 101 yd return.
  • It was a blast being around so many fellow fans for once in my life. Usually, I'm watching the game by myself or with fans 9f other teams. It was kinda strange, actually.
  • Parker looks like he finally belongs in this league. He was the most dominant WR on the field, and you can tell he's still improving.
  • The tailgating scene at Hard Rock is amazing! I've never seen anything like it. Very cool to see so many out having fun, even on a very bad year on a day that was cool, windy, and cloudy.
  • It was awesome meeting phins_4_ever today at his tailgate. He gave me lots of help and information leading up to the game, and was a gracious host at his tailgate. Mrs. Ren and I really enjoyed talking to him. We hope to do it again next year.
  • Bobby McCain sucks

Very cool. I live up in Wisconsin and have been to a few phins packers games at Lambeau but I am hoping to get down to Hard Rock in the next few years.

• Bobby McCain sucks
I am glad you had a great time. Was nice to meet you and Mrs Ren. Hope she liked that "South Florida beer". Don't be a stranger and wait another 40 years. :lol:

• Bobby McCain sucks
Tailgating isn't really a reflection of the team. Most people just love tailgating.

Back
Top Bottom