Thoughts on this year's draft picks. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on this year's draft picks.

Maggot Brain

Trade Bait
Reaction score
Based on what I've heard and read about the 2003 rookies in training camp here are my thoughts on where they are likely to end up come opening day:

R2. Eddie Moore--IR, highly unlikely he'll recover enough to contribute at all this season and it's not like there's alot of open roster spots to waste on him. Slim chance for PUP if his recovery goes better than expected.

R3a. Wade Smith--makes the team and possible opening day starter. My gut feeling is that this kid will make his fair share of rookie mistakes, but overall will make a very favorable impression as long as he gets some help with bull rushers.

R3b. Taylor Whitley--has this guy done anything yet? I don't know because I never hear him mentioned be it good or bad. It's pretty bad when you're outshined by your undrafted college teammate (Billy Yates). Right now I'd say very much on the bubble for a roster spot. His somewhat lofty draft status may be the only thing saving him from the practice squad.

R5a. Donald Lee--makes the team as the 3rd tight end and may supplant Marco "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" Battaglia on the 2nd team in the not too distant future.

R5b. J.R. Tolver--makes the team as the 4th or 5th wide out and will see considerable action on special teams. Don't be surprised if he comes up with a few big catches over the course of the year.

R6a. Corey Jenkins--makes the team as a backup linebacker and special teams stud. Could easily see time as a nickel/dime linebacker later in the year if he continues to develop at his present pace.

R6b. Tim Provost--likely to get caught up in a numbers game due to an excess of right tackles and complete lack of left tackles. Practice squad candidate.

R6c. Yerimiah Bell--this kid has a cool sounding name; it's just a pity we never hear it. From what I remember he's played decently, but due to our gluttonly of quality defensive backs he's probably destined for our taxi/practice squad. Hopefully this is the case so he can completely heal from his senior year knee injury and learn the system behind some quality veterans. I still think this kid might make some noise down the road.

R7. Davern Williams--IR, too bad because he had a chance at the 4th defensive tackle spot. Maybe next year.

Let me know what you think.

Im thinking we shouldve kept Rodgers and picked someone else with our first pick.......Rodgers,Thomas,Seau....backups...Greenwood,Hendricks,Jenkins

well it is a disappointment that none of the guys will be a starter on opening day, but that is Moore ;) due to injury. So far it seems like a decent draft given that we had no 1st rder. Saviors have been Jenkins and Tolver

Moore will not count against the final roster. Only his cap #.

I think you're being a little hard on Taylor Whitley. He's been here what, 3 weeks?? I don't expect a 3rd round pick to make an impact too often. Not right away. I think the fact that we're not hearing much about him is a good thing. He plays RG. And just like Todd Perry, who we don't hear much about either, he's just going about his business. Whitley played the right side his entire college career (whereas Yates played the left). So I think it's a little unrealistic to expect him to now.

Yates and Smith get more press/attention because they guys ahead of them are injured/coming off injury. So they're seeing time with the first team. And that left side ability is an advantage to Yates.

Whitley won't make the PS though, because he'll be picked up off waivers. We'd never see him again.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Im thinking we shouldve kept Rodgers and picked someone else with our first pick.......Rodgers,Thomas,Seau....backups...Greenwood,Hendricks,Jenkins
I thought we should have kept Rodgers also. It would be great to have his depth now...

Back
Top Bottom