Thoughts on Yeremiah Bell? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Yeremiah Bell?

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Looks like a great player. He did hurt his knee but he looks like he can be a bad mo fo as a back up...

I heard he's got mad skills...being a Kentucky native...I hope he makes the team!

clear.gif

I've read nothing but great things about him

Originally posted by Boone
I heard he's got mad skills...being a Kentucky native...I hope he makes the team!

clear.gif

If the guy hadnt injured his knee he'd have been one of the top Safeties taken in the draft. In fact, he was projected to go mid to late round one. Thats exciting! He is the draft pick I am MOST interested in and I guess the equivalent of what the Bills did with their first rounder, taking an guy that was projected a top 10 player with a major injury mid to late round one. Only we got our guy much later in the draft. Both players should be starters that impact if they recover and play as before. Bell's injury wasnt as horrific as the high inpact injury MaGahee had. Nonetheless it seems Magahee is healing well, whereas I have no idea where Bell is with his injury. Thing is with major knee injuries, that even IF a player can come back from it he rarely is the same Player. Look at Edge James as a prime example. Before his injury he was one of the leagues most dangerous players. Last season he had recovered from his knee injury well enough to play, but clearly isn't back 100% yet. He may never get there. Only time will tell on James, MaGahee, and Bell. All were great players, but the thing to watch is if they make it back to that high level of play.
I'd think it would be easier for a FS to recover position wise than an RB, and he could even move to SS if he's lost a step whereas an RB is pretty much stuck position wise.

If anyone has some details on Bell's injury status, etc i'd really like to hear it. I have high hopes for Bell!

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people were saying he would have been a first rounder if he didn't get injured, but he wouldn't have been. He comes from a D1-AA school and he said he was 25. He still sounds like a good prospect who could make the team though.

Man, I hope he makes the team then. He must have some major talent.

I hate to put the IF in here because I wish it would just happen, but IF we sign Knight, it'll be EMTREMELY tough for Bell to make this squad.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
A lot of people were saying he would have been a first rounder if he didn't get injured, but he wouldn't have been. He comes from a D1-AA school and he said he was 25. He still sounds like a good prospect who could make the team though.

Ice - What are you basing this on? Everything I could find back on draft day from before his injury (draft projection a year ahead) said mid to late round 1.....why don't you think he would have been an early pick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I hate to put the IF in here because I wish it would just happen, but IF we sign Knight, it'll be EMTREMELY tough for Bell to make this squad.

His injury marks him for PUP or Developmental this year IMO...

Next year he can replace Wooden or Marion on Roster

From a TB Bucs fan

"Dolphins have gotten the steal of the draft
CB Yeremiah Bell, Eastern Kentucky

4.46 in the 40-yard dash … 340-pound bench press … 485-pound squat … 33-inch vertical jump … 9-foot-8 broad jump … 31 5/8-inch arm length … 8¼-inch hands … Right-handed.

Only problem is he blew his knee out and didnt play in 2002. All-Amercian in 2001. Dolphins selected him in the 6th round(223rd overall)."

They see what a steal he could be, so I hope he makes the team....

He probably would have been a 3rd rounder, maybe a 4th rounder. He hurt his knee playing pick-up basketball last summer and did his workouts at about 80% prior to the draft. He's about 90% now.

Then maybe he will be really good, what has the coaches said about him?

His college record/injury history sounds a lot like Arturro Freeman. Projected as a high round pick, got injuried his senior year, got drafted late. Freeman basically "redshirted" his first year with the fins, played dime his second and started his third. I would love it if Bell does as well......................or better!

I see him as an O-gun type who will sit for a year and recover on IR.

I see he was more of a 3rd type as well. Safeties hardly ever go round one, especially small school guys.

Back
Top Bottom