Thread Ban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thread Ban

MD

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Mystery solved. Explanation needed. Why are you guys allowing people to select who can or can't participate in a thread? This defies the principles of customer service and borders on a discriminatory practice. After all this is a public message board supported by paying members.

Imagine if I was to create a thread and banned every mod or admin. Of course I am sure that can't be done but I'm sure you get the point. I'd like to hear an explanation of this and it should be advertised to the board if this is the kind of policy your going to put in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent your question up stairs............

The thread ban is just another tool for the mods to use to keep a thread on topic. I'm sure you can see the value of removing someone from a conversation that is derailing a thread by talking smack to one particular member. Sometimes two members collide on a subject and go at each other. A thread ban is just a step down from being removed from the the forum for a few days. I know which one I'd rather do to keep an otherwise good poster active. Also the staff is not going to just remove someone from a thread without using good judgement. If you find you're being removed from threads for no particular reason (harassment) by all means report it and it'll be looked into.

I disagree Bill and we already had one thread that banned at least 50 people right from the start. I'm not going to call his name but he wanted a thread that he knew his opinion wouldn't be contested. I can understand your point about wanting to keep a thread going but if you want to allow for a thread to continue without suspending someone maybe you should look at the mods banning a poster from a thread, not the creator of the thread choosing who and who can't participate. The potential for this to blow up is substantial in my opinion.

So does that mean a mod banned all those people in that thread that MadDog mentioned? I was under the impression that it was the original poster did the banning, not a mod.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.

which thread? and I've removed the thread creation ban option. that won't happen again.

I think that is what he was referring to more than the staff option.

Back
Top Bottom