Three days in the heat.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three days in the heat..

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
LMAO, does Marty really think a couple days in the south Florida heat/humidity will prepare his team? My guess is it will only wear his guys down prior to the actual game.

the link...it's short.

yeah - it is not like altitude - you need to be in better shape to play in the heat - there is not getting used to it. If there was 3 days would not cut it.

But might give em sometime to discover some So Beach hot spots ;)

If you're looking for heat, I've got some to spare!

I agree A87..it will wear them down and put something extra in their minds to think about during the game..

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
LMAO, does Marty really think a couple days in the south Florida heat/humidity will prepare his team? My guess is it will only wear his guys down prior to the actual game.

the link...it's short.

I`m with you, 87.....medivac choppers will be cartin` their asses off by halftime. :lol:

Originally posted by IceStorm
If you're looking for heat, I've got some to spare!
good point - it's been in the 90's for a couple weeks in CT, is it not hot in Detroit too ? :rolleyes:

I think its a good idea. Marty can control the wearing down factor by making practices a little bit lighter, however its pretty big that instead of walking into the stadium and their players being like "holy **** its hot in here, how we gonna play in this??" the players will just be like "damn another hot day...lets get this over with"

Reduces the shock factor of playing in such massive heat and since their starting QB will likely be Joey Harrington a rookie who came from OREGON, that might be a good thing for them.

Joey is going to have a big problem with the heat and it won't be coming from the sun, it'll be coming from the Dolphin's defensive line.

Which is why Marty's trying to make sure there's no other distractions in Joey's head during the game...he'll have his hands full as it is.

I don't think a light practice and a walk around will prepare them for 60 minutes of intense football action..You need to be in pads and really get use to that heat..I remember practicing in that heat while playing at Ft. Laud High..and 1 or 2 practices won't get you adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom