Three Dolphins With The Most To Gain At 2019 Training Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three Dolphins With The Most To Gain At 2019 Training Camp

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...-with-the-most-to-gain-at-2019-training-camp/

Linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel
Who exactly is going to play the Dolphins’ “Jamie Collins” role in this defense? Jerome Baker? Jayrone Elliott? Tyrone Holmes? Nate Orchard? The fact of the matter is that the Dolphins drafted Van Ginkel in the 5th round of this year’s NFL Draft — they have a plan for him. Or at least one would assume so, given the collaborative approach that coach Brian Flores and general manager Chris Grier have embraced.

So with a specific role in mind, it comes down to if Van Ginkel is ready to fill it? Day 3 prospects are no shoo-in for consistent playing time — but if Van Ginkel plays physically tough, he may lock in significant reps for himself this fall.

Let’s hope really good Wisconsin linebackers come in threes.

lobbied hard for the kid Joe Schobert the year he was coming out, had him as a steal in that draft, also thought TJ watt instead of Harris was the right call, was disappointed on those two occasions

Hoping this 24 year old 5th round rookie can play some..

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...-with-the-most-to-gain-at-2019-training-camp/

Linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel
Who exactly is going to play the Dolphins’ “Jamie Collins” role in this defense? Jerome Baker? Jayrone Elliott? Tyrone Holmes? Nate Orchard? The fact of the matter is that the Dolphins drafted Van Ginkel in the 5th round of this year’s NFL Draft — they have a plan for him. Or at least one would assume so, given the collaborative approach that coach Brian Flores and general manager Chris Grier have embraced.

So with a specific role in mind, it comes down to if Van Ginkel is ready to fill it? Day 3 prospects are no shoo-in for consistent playing time — but if Van Ginkel plays physically tough, he may lock in significant reps for himself this fall.

My fear is the performance of PW when he's OFF the field. He has the talent

Hoping Williams can build off a good spring, he has the size and aggressiveness this team has needed for a few years

Just give me some productive Wilkins and Williams and I'm a happy camper.

2 person I want know what they are going do is Rosen, Flores. everybody else is not that important.

Hopefully Williams isn’t next in the long line of Finheaven wr yearly crushes

I think the Van Ginkel kid is being over hyped by some. I think he wont even see the field much this year. Preston Williams on the other hand could be a steal.

My fear is the performance of PW when he's OFF the field. He has the talent

I get the strong feeling/impression this kid knows how much his "issues" cost him and he obviously loves football
and now that he's a PRO there's huge $$$ in the mix. Bottom line, there's tremendous motivation for him to just
focus on football and keep it really tight and simple otherwise.

BNF

I get the strong feeling/impression this kid knows how much his "issues" cost him and he obviously loves football
and now that he's a PRO there's huge $$$ in the mix. Bottom line, there's tremendous motivation for him to just
focus on football and keep it really tight and simple otherwise.

BNF

Not bashing PW, but that's the reaction of a typical logically thinking person. Sports hx is full of people who come in to the pros, commit to doing what they have to do . . . until temptation or distraction comes along, and imploding. Not all of them, but enough of them I'm uncertain what fans will see. I hope you're right. It's possible he's grown up since his last adventure. This O will need him.

Back
Top Bottom