Three Little Piggies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three Little Piggies

Pelorus Jack

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was reading all the posts and various news reports about how well our updated defense is playing and the expected effect that guys like Joey Porter, Crowder, Roth, et al, will have on the QB's of our AFCE rivals.

Does anyone else also think that our D will make 3 sqealling little piggies out of Chad 'Where's my mommy' Pennington, JP 'Vinnie Goom-batz' Losman and Tom 'Pretty Boy' Brady??

Any guesses on how many sacks we will have on our AFCE opponents this year? I am estimating a minimum of 3 per game. What do you think?

i think that's a pretty good guess actually. Our defense is only getting stronger this year with porter here and all our new arrivals from this years draft/free agent signings.

I was reading all the posts and various news reports about how well our updated defense is playing and the expected effect that guys like Joey Porter, Crowder, Roth, et al, will have on the QB's of our AFCE rivals.

Does anyone else also think that our D will make 3 sqealling little piggies out of Chad 'Where's my mommy' Pennington, JP 'Vinnie Goom-batz' Losman and Tom 'Pretty Boy' Brady??

Any guesses on how many sacks we will have on our AFCE opponents this year? I am estimating a minimum of 3 per game. What do you think?
It all hinges on our DBs. If they show up, our opponents are going to be up doodoo creek if you know what I mean.

I think it's a safe bet the the teams in the east will be in your backfield just as much if not more. The Pats D is proven and the Jets is unquestionably on the rise. Team that with a suspect Dolphins O-line and you'll be giving up as many sacks as you get.

I think it's a safe bet the the teams in the east will be in your backfield just as much if not more. The Pats D is proven and the Jets is unquestionably on the rise. Team that with a suspect Dolphins O-line and you'll be giving up as many sacks as you get.

I wouldn't count on that at this time. The OL has been almost completely revamped, there may be some issues early in the season as they get their **** together, but this isn't the same OL as last year.

The OL has been almost completely revamped

A bunch of average lineman with no chemistry in a new system with a new QB.

Truth be told I'm not completely sold on the Jets line at this point myself. There were some disturbing reports from camp that Ferguson was being beat by a Div III rookie hopeful. Reports on Clarke (Kendal replacement) seem promising so far, but I'm concerned about the potential drop off in pass protection, which was Kendals specialty. The right side of the line is average at best. Mangold, however, will be a perennial All Pro.

Last season (in 2 games) Miami sacked JP Losman 5 times, Brady 5 times, Pennington 3 times.

Not enough sacks last season to disrupt their passing games enough to have better than 1-5 record against them.

Last season the trio of QBs combined for 9 TDs and 0 ints. Against Miami the other AFCE had QB ratings of Losman 116.6 Pennington 93.5, Brady 73.15.

I think Miami's Defense will be a good unit again this season and they WILL get their sacks but with Miami's Offensive line I'm willing to bet that Green will be on his butt more than rival AFCE QBs.

I think the patriots have done some series work on protecting brady .
They have drafted more OL ,add kyle brady who is a tackle and fromthe training camp heath evans and ben watson are showing some series work

last year the safeties were playing in the box against NE leaving the CB one on one with the WR who got no saperation.
From training camp you can see that moss is out jumping every CB and catching everything.With stallworth/gaffney/wes and watson i am thinking no safety help will be had and this open lanes for RB in blitz`s which will lead ot less sacks.

I think the patriots have done some series work on protecting brady .
They have drafted more OL ,add kyle brady who is a tackle and fromthe training camp heath evans and ben watson are showing some series work

last year the safeties were playing in the box against NE leaving the CB one on one with the WR who got no saperation.
From training camp you can see that moss is out jumping every CB and catching everything.With stallworth/gaffney/wes and watson i am thinking no safety help will be had and this open lanes for RB in blitz`s which will lead ot less sacks.
They are working in a series as opposed to parallel? Oh, I get it, the light just came on.:idea:

:sidelol: good one lol
that is funny i should not post from work .

This is a fun site, I love it here, but seriesly now, looks like the Bills CBs will have to ride piggyback on each others shoulders to deal with leapin' Randy. There are a couple of shorty pantses.

Talented with heart( as in Webster McGee, 5'9"), but shorty pantses none the less.

A bunch of average lineman with no chemistry in a new system with a new QB.

Truth be told I'm not completely sold on the Jets line at this point myself. There were some disturbing reports from camp that Ferguson was being beat by a Div III rookie hopeful. Reports on Clarke (Kendal replacement) seem promising so far, but I'm concerned about the potential drop off in pass protection, which was Kendals specialty. The right side of the line is average at best. Mangold, however, will be a perennial All Pro.

Last year we had an OL made of wet cardboard and two new QBs. We're ahead of the game this year. I agree on Mangold, he'll be an anchor for your line for years.

Last season (in 2 games) Miami sacked JP Losman 5 times, Brady 5 times, Pennington 3 times.

Not enough sacks last season to disrupt their passing games enough to have better than 1-5 record against them.

Last season the trio of QBs combined for 9 TDs and 0 ints. Against Miami the other AFCE had QB ratings of Losman 116.6 Pennington 93.5, Brady 73.15.

I think Miami's Defense will be a good unit again this season and they WILL get their sacks but with Miami's Offensive line I'm willing to bet that Green will be on his butt more than rival AFCE QBs.

Yeah.... that.

BZ

Back
Top Bottom