Three Takeaways | John Congemi Breaks Down Dolphins At Buccaneers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three Takeaways | John Congemi Breaks Down Dolphins At Buccaneers

dougb123

Bringer of Rain
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
1) Uneven play by Rosen
Quarterback Josh Rosen performed just about the way he’s practiced while in Tampa this week. Rosen did some things that looked efficient, moving away from pressure, much like he did against Atlanta last week. That led him to finding open receivers down field for positive yardage. He also displayed some of the same characteristics that can give a head coach hesitation about giving him the keys to the franchise. His lack of anticipation in the red zone when looking to both tight end Mike Gesicki and wide out Isaiah Ford kept the Dolphins out of the end zone. Some of the issues stem from the pressure that has come from the offensive line, but at some point this preseason, you’d like to see Rosen raise the level of execution regardless of who’s in the huddle with him.

2) Eguavoen shines at LB
A player that I didn’t believe I’d be writing about two weeks into the preseason is first-year linebacker Sam Eguavoen. Eguavoen, to his credit, has played with consistency since the start for training camp. His versatility and quick recognition in finding the football has found a place with the first team on defense. He was all over the field in the first half against the Bucs, totaling five tackles, one for loss and a forced fumble. Add in one on special teams and Eguavoen is one his way to becoming a starter in September. Another linebacker that is getting more looks lately with Kiko Alonso and Andrew Van Ginkel out of the line up is Nick DeLuca. DeLuca is showing off his versatility lining up at the edge of the defensive line, or at his traditional linebacker position. The extra snaps due to others being out of the line up is allowing him to show off his versatility within the new defensive schemes.

3) Wilkins hard to handle
It was nice to see first round draft choice Christian Wilkins slide around the defensive front, and be productive at multiple positions. Wilkins was able to push the pocket from the interior as well as set the edge from the defensive end position. His athleticism is on display even when he’s initially blocked, tracking down the ball from the backside of a play. Last week he showed relentless pursuit to the ball and something tells me that is a trait that will show up every game this fall.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/three-takeaways-john-congemi-breaks-down-dolphins-at-buccaneers

Big Finds
WR Preston William even thou he had a tough day that play where he came down with the ball in the end zone was another special play, to bad his foot was slightly out of bounds the step before. Best find out of no where this year. Can't say it enough he is a starter and WR'1 on a team full of WR'2's - he truly is special find for a UDFA

LB Sam Eeuavoen looking even bit a starting linebacker and a special player, picked up from the Canadian League and looking every bit the equal to Jerome Baker each with a bit different skill set, smaller linebacker that that has a beast mode both vastly faster than the linebacker were use to.

Smaller finds
LB Nick Deluca 2nd year NFl waver wire pickup had 3 tackles in a row, 2 year player may have hooked up with the right to capitalize on his talent - if doesn't make the 53 he is a practice squad player of a higher caliber than we have had before

RB Patrick Laird UDFA is quick back who showed nicely tonight 7 carries 51 yards 2 catches for 16 yards deserves to be pushed up to 2nd team - another good practice squad find.

RB Kennith Farrow AAF player 3 carries 41 yards another play who desires a longer look

Disappointment

WR Trenton Irwin blanked - can't fill in at the slot doing this, doing well in practice is nice but need to show up game day

Front office is doing better work it's not same MO around here - some nice find here

I personally thought Rosen played a bit more like Flores wanted. Yes he nearly had an interception and TD. Hard to judge with such little protection and poor running game but I thought he played OK.

We looked better organised then TB. If nothing else we should be well coached.

I’m excited to see this defence in the regular season. You can see they look better then last year.

Charles Harris did what he was supposed to do dominate back ups let’s see the same against starters before any excitement is created

Think uneven is a bit of a slight to Rosen but certainly there is plenty there to continue improving on. The drops did not help him and once the key starters came out on the line it definitely became more of a challenge.

But he looked good throwing the football. The one low throw to Ford near the endzone it seemed as if he was concerned with the inside defender but to Congemi’s point that ball probably should have been thrown earlier instead of pump faking up to Gesicki . . . But I need to see the play again. The other questionable throw was the near pick to Williams . . . But that seemed like miscommunication. Good attempt down field to Williams late that nearly went for a TD. Certainly the lack of a passing TD in two games will stick out on the stat sheet.

Other things:

They got Charles Harris doing A LOT. He was rushing from the DE and DT positions, plus he was dropping back in coverage. That was a slick little move he did to get his solo sack, he will need more of that but I have to compliment him on his hustle . . . He does not quit.

Wilkins looked the part last night. I was impressed with everything.

Eguavoen looks like an ideal starting MLB. I wouldn’t pull him for Kiko or Raekwon tbh.

Baker looks so improved man, gotta finish those sacks but he is impressive.

Tunsil is the most important player on this team. Josh needs confidence in his blindside and Laremy gives him that. His health will be instrumental if Rosen has any chance of succeeding.

Sanders is Justin Tucker part two. It has gotten beyond effortless at this point.

That Dieter/Kilgore/Calhoun trio just lacks talent to be real good. It will be a work in progress all year to get them to consistently acceptable which would be great. Have to invest on the interior . . . With the lack of our own UFAs in 2020, it maybe a great time to go shopping in FA to address the OLine without worrying about the comp formula.

For OL help, they need to be watching for roster cut downs and other teams PS signees …. both will likely provide upgrades to where we are today. Need to find 2x young fellas with potential right away!

Our offensive line is simply improperly named

Offensive is farting at a child’s birthday party
Our line is slurring at a funeral

We’re gonna suck

Our offensive line is simply improperly named

Offensive is farting at a child’s birthday party
Our line is slurring at a funeral

We’re gonna suck
We can't get the #1 pick if we don't suck.

weird post, but ok

Oh personal attacks are cool? Good. Let’s get to it!

I’ll try to use pictures to express the point next time. Reading your posts gives me the indication... hm... how to say this

words ain’t gettin to your brain well

Ok but seriously SLSU let’s move past being rude and judgmental and embrace several exciting things

Wilkins looks studly
Harris looks good!

Hey! Glass is filling up!

Oh personal attacks are cool? Good. Let’s get to it!

I’ll try to use pictures to express the point next time. Reading your posts gives me the indication... hm... how to say this

words ain’t gettin to your brain well

I called your post weird (which it was) but you're insinuating that I'm stupid and I can't read. One of those is within the TOS, the other isn't. I'll let you figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom