Throw Pat Devlin into the Dolphin Tank | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Throw Pat Devlin into the Dolphin Tank

If he was that good, he wouldn't be on the practice squad.

Really? With the judgment these brainiacs have demonstrated to date, wanting only 2 QBs on the roster not withstanding, you can just as readily interpret his being on the PS as a positive. Oh and James Harrison sez "wazzup?"

I'm anti lucsucking and I wanna see what he's got, but if lucksuckers feel he's on the PS for a justifiable reason, they, if anyone should have no problem giving him a test drive :idk:
"

Last edited by a moderator:
So when he gets killed behind this crappy OL, and makes bad decisions while running for his life will everyone say he sucks too? This isn't a good decision primarily because your putting him in a position to fail, just like the fins did by starting Beck on three days worth of practice against Pitt and then against Philly the next week. Just the same way the Texans ruined David Carr, the same way Joey Harrington got crushed in Detroit, and so on and so forth. Hey if the coaches hate Devlin than they should throw him right in there.

I wouldn't mind throwing him in there later in the year.

Let the kid get a better grasp on the playbook before we feed him to the wolves. If you really want him to develop into anything, even a backup QB, than I don't suggest throwing him in right away. Atleast wait for Colombo to get replaced.

I think he gives the worst talent evaluating staff in football, way too much credit. I'm suggesting to at least activate him over the bye and maybe let him get some first-team reps. I'd rather see what we have to work with for the future than sign a Delhomme or Garrard.

Do you not think if he showed something he would already be apart of the equation?

You seriously think TS could tell if he showed something? He is a O-line guru and it's year 4 and we still don't have an O-line to show for it. What makes you think he could find a QB? Andrew Luck could kick him in the *** and he wouldn't be able to find a QB.

Yes, activate him and let him backup Moore until Moore proves that he really sucks (probably won't take long), then let Devlin play. A lot of you say he sucks, but you know nothing about him nor ever saw him play just like our coaching staff. If you want to say he sucks at least see him play before making that evaluation just like our clueless coaching staff. Just because our coach doesn't have confidence in him doesn't mean anything--look at who our coach is and how he's doing. Devlin went 4 for 4 in his last preseason game. I heard in a recent interview with Devlin that he has learned and got the playbook down and the game has really slowed down since for him. Why are we dissing him and looking in the bottom of the trash heaps when we may already have our next winning QB? This kid deserves a chance and he knows the offense. Chances of us getting Luck are slim to none anyway.

I'm pretty sure Devlin will be elevated next week. I think the coaching staff/front office just wants some more info on Henne. Even if we sign Garrard/Edwards/or whoever, it's really unrealistic to have them be the main backup to Moore next week. They'd be working with 10-25% of the playbook with a weeks worth of practice and have to be ready to play against the Jets D.

Didn't Matt Moore play for the Carolina Panthers last season? Wasn't he bad enough to get them the #1 overall pick?

Why the hell would we want to replace him, knowing that?

He seems eager enough:

Devlin is anxious and ready to step up for his team.
“It has been good getting in there and getting a lot of much-needed work,” Devlin said. “I need the reps, and it’s good for everybody to get the reps with me as well. The only way to get on the same page with everybody is to practice with them.

Maybe we should, oh I dunno........ Give Matt Moore a chance to start and see what he has. I dunno, maybe it's crazy talk. But why not let a guy who showed for a few games he could be a pretty good QB. Yes, I understand, the next season after his injury he stunk. But you can't just look past what he did that first season.

Miami has had QB'S better then Devlin and for some reason never gave them a legit shot.

Fiedler and Henne had years and many games to show what they had.

Guys like Griese, Rosenfels, Thigpen and Moore was never given the same luxury. We put Henne out there for 2 years he stinks up the joint and we still want to send him out there. Thiggy goes in for 1 game against the #1 pass defense and that was enough. Rosenfels got 2 1/2 quarters and only 11 pass attempts and he was given the boot. Griese got to start a whopping 4 games before enough was enough.

Why don't we let someone who showed he could be a statistically good QB an ACTUAL chance to start. Not 3 quarters of football. Not 1 game.

Maybe, just maybe, WE should allow Matt Moore to finish the season. Like we should have with Griese, Rosenfels, Thigpen and now Moore.

I am not saying they will light it up, all I am saying is they should have, and Moore should get more then a couple games to show what they have.

Back
Top Bottom