Throwback Uniforms | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Throwback Uniforms

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are going to sell these?

Man I would jump on one in a heartbeat.

We looked awesome in those things.

I liked it also. As a tribute to the throwback thing, I wore my Marino jersey for the first time since he retired. It felt nice wearing the old number 13 again.

They were fine for one game, but I really don't like those uniforms. It almost looks like orange is the dominant color, especially on the pants and socks. I like the current ones much better.

Yeah, wasn't too big of a fan of these throwbacks. Especially the numbers on the shoulders, it looked like an orange highlighter exploded all over our numbers! (Compared to the week before, where our jerseys were dipped in that same orange highlighter) :lol:

They messed up the throwback jerseys #s on the shoulder & the pants were horrible. It's no wonder they were modified a few times.

Originally posted by SMadison29
They messed up the throwback jerseys #s on the shoulder & the pants were horrible. It's no wonder they were modified a few times.

With a lot of these throwback uniforms, it's not hard to see why they are indeed throwbacks (i.e., not worn anymore). Although I do really like the Lions unis. Those are sweet.

Originally posted by SMadison29

You forgot to mention that the logo on the helmet wasn't our logo until 1975, but they said those were 1973 throwbacks.

I didn't really like the throwbacks. They weren't as bad as those orange jerseys though. I prefer the jerseys we have now.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

You forgot to mention that the logo on the helmet wasn't our logo until 1975, but they said those were 1973 throwbacks.

Yeah I noticed that too. Our current logo doesn't really make since with the ring of fire being behind the Dolphin. He should be jumping through.

I thought they looked awesome, but I dont want to buy a Seau one.

The thowback uniforms were AWESOME!!

They are the true making of American-football styled shirts. It brings the heritage out greatly, I think the players felt it when they wore them in Dallas. There is so much tradition and glory in those shirts. I believe all teams should stick to their original jerseys of American-football culture with the stripes and bars, such as the Browns, Bears, Packers, Colts. Not this cheap visuals like "logo highlighting". I know the majority of football fans appreciated the tribute to true football culture and the beauty of its clothing, as I did and I'm only in my early 20's. I've been trying to buy the white 1973 jersey, but it sold out in the first weekend, I was so bitter.

Bring back the 1973 jerseys forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the throwbacks! Loved, loved, LOVED 'em!

Ack! I just agreed with fin-atic! ;)

throwbacks rocked, the old logos rocked, and the offense looked like a mix of the 72 team and the 84 team wearing them...throwing the ball at will, and running hard...vs the #1 defense in the nfl :lol:

Back
Top Bottom