Throwback Uniforms | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Throwback Uniforms

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
Why do the dolphins never have throwback uniforms to wear like 1 week a year. I know the broncs, the packers, the lions, etc have them, i think it would be cool to wear them one day.

lol...our throwbacks only go back to 1995. They never really changed the logo until then.

The Packers had some unis from the 50's didn't they? Lions and Bears too.

UHM. correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the all white unis "throwback" from the 70's? That is my understanding.

No the whites are to combat the heat in south florida that is why they are only worn in day games at home. I really don't see the need for a throw back uniform since the difference is very subtle. The NFL this offseason made it ok to have a 3rd jersey to wear 1 game a year starting this season. The Dolphins won't do it this season but will in 2003. They have it narrowed down to a throw back, the dark blue, or a new orange jersey. I for one am a big fan of the orange idea.

i am interested in what the orange would look like, but i like the dark blue, althoght i dont want to be like everyone else and put a color that is really boring like blue, who doesnt have blue in theiir uniforms??????????

GB, the Raiders , the Chiefs, the Jets, the Redskins, the Browns, the Bengals.........and more.;)

I like the coral blue better than the orange. I thought Tampa Bay's orange jerseys were hideous. I already have the coral blue Zach Thomas jersey and I'm getting the coral blue Jason Taylor jersey this week. I get a lot of compliments on the coral blue jersey from my friends who are not Fin Fans.

If we were ever to wear Throwbacks it would have to be on Thanksgiving. Thats when they were them.

Originally posted by scotgif
UHM. correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the all white unis "throwback" from the 70's? That is my understanding.

That's exactly correct!!! The ALL WHITE, which includes the pants, had not been worn since the late 70's when they switched to a White Top, Teal Bottom for home games.

I'm surprised more people don't remember hearing this come out in a Wanny press conference last year. He was talking about when the coaches took the team to see Remember the Titans, and I believe it was OJ asked him about using them. They voted hands down to use them.........

Back
Top Bottom