Thu-Sat NFL TV deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thu-Sat NFL TV deal

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Turner Networks is in meetings with the NFL about a Thursday-Saturday NFL package TV deal.

TNT or TBS I am guessing would have the games. TNT had them in the past but I think TBS might get them this time.

NY Post has the story.

If they spread these games out over too many days its gonna start to dilute the product in my opinion

I know it's going to happen and I cannot stand it. I hate where the NFL has been going and is going. I despise the Dec-Jan night games in cold weather cities, they are discussing moving Sun starting tmes back from 1 & 4 to 2 & 5(doesn't sound like much but when you are battliong traffic to get home on a late Sunday it means allot) and the Thurs-sat nigth package is just silly.

nyjunc said:
I know it's going to happen and I cannot stand it. I hate where the NFL has been going and is going. I despise the Dec-Jan night games in cold weather cities, they are discussing moving Sun starting tmes back from 1 & 4 to 2 & 5(doesn't sound like much but when you are battliong traffic to get home on a late Sunday it means allot) and the Thurs-sat nigth package is just silly.

Well the Saturday thing I don't get. Unless they are talking about the Sat games AFTER the college season ends. Because remember when the hurricane pushed the Week 1 game to Saturday, they weren't able to show the games LIVE outside of the home markets. Because of that stupid law in congress giving college football exclusive rights to Saturday TV over NFL. So, where is this Saturday thing coming from? If its late in the year games then its no big deal. But if its all year or something like that......this sucks!

MikeO said:
Well the Saturday thing I don't get. Unless they are talking about the Sat games AFTER the college season ends. Because remember when the hurricane pushed the Week 1 game to Saturday, they weren't able to show the games LIVE outside of the home markets. Because of that stupid law in congress giving college football exclusive rights to Saturday TV over NFL. So, where is this Saturday thing coming from? If its late in the year games then its no big deal. But if its all year or something like that......this sucks!

The Saturday games will be late Nov./Dec. after the NCAA season, which I don't mind at all. The Thursday games are just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom