Thursday 1/21 Draft Chat | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday 1/21 Draft Chat

Braylon Edwards will be tendered by the Jets and will not hit the market; Miles Austin is going to be signed to a long term deal in Dallas. Our best bet is Antonio Bryant who is a fine player.

Graham could certainly slip to us in Round 2 with Jerry Hughes, Jason Paul Pierre, and Sergio Kindle being drafted before him..

I think it depends on his showings in the off-season.

I think he plays the run better than those guys...but that could just be my opinion. And that moves him up higher.

Yeah for me I like Tony Moeaki of Iowa, Dedrick Epps of Miami, Jermaine Gresham of Oklahoma, Aaron Hernandez of Florida, Gronkowski of Arizona or Jimmy Graham at Tight End. Everyone else is blah to me

The more I think about it, the more I've been leaning to defense in the draft and offense in free agency. Of course that depends on who actually hits the market.

CK touched on it before, but if Braylon Edwards hits the market, don't be surprised to see the Phins go after him.

I just read on PFT the jets are going to put the highest tender on should there be no salary cap, and he is a RFA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/21/edwards-happy-to-stay-on-one-year-tender/

Real,

How many OLBs do you see going in the first 50 picks? Who many ILBs in the first 50?

For my money CJ Spiller is the best offensive player in this draft. If we drafted him someone would bite on Ronnie Brown for a 2nd Rounder and if not we would have the best backfield I have ever seen. Spiller speed to the corner is lethal.. I'm talking maybe the best we have ever seen
yea but would you like to spend a 1st on a RB still having Ronnie, come to think of it that would be a preet sick backfield, but we have sooo many other needs

Braylon Edwards will be tendered by the Jets and will not hit the market; Miles Austin is going to be signed to a long term deal in Dallas. Our best bet is Antonio Bryant who is a fine player.

I'm not 100% sure Jets will tender him. I think it will depend on if they feel better about someone in free agency.

Let's talk about the Wide Receiver position. Dez Bryant at #12 would be ideal and after that I don't see Benn of Illinois, Tate of Notre Dame, Williams of USC, or LaFell of LSU being true #1 or making any impact early. I like Mike Williams in Round 4 and think Parcells might look beyind his off field junk to take him. I love Mardy Gilyard in the DeSean Jackson mold. Antonio Bryant would be a viable #1 who could slide to #2 after we got someone else. Antonio Bryant, Ted Ginn Jr, Davone Bess, and Brian HArtline is a solid receiver core. The 2011 Draft might be the best ever for 1st Round Wide Receivers with Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt, Julio Jones of Bama, AJ Green of Georgia, and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame set to declare

do not want braylon he drops too many balls, we already have too much of that

Edwards said he would be happy staying his last year with the Jets, probably because he knows the money won't be so great for him, the way he played this year

Yeah for me I like Tony Moeaki of Iowa, Dedrick Epps of Miami, Jermaine Gresham of Oklahoma, Aaron Hernandez of Florida, Gronkowski of Arizona or Jimmy Graham at Tight End. Everyone else is blah to me

I think you have to include Anthony McCoy in there. He does everything well. He had over 20 yards per catch this season.

This draft is loaded with talent. We have discussed Wide Receiver and Tight End but Linebackers is an area we need to improve. McClain, Spikes, and Weatherspoon would all be great addition to the interior of our defense; AJ Edds is a 4-3 Outside Linebacker who would shift inside in our defense but is a very good player.

Outside Linebackers I lik include Jerry Hughes of TCU, Brandon Graham of Michigan, Segio Kindle of Texas, Dexter Davis of Arizona State, Brandon Lang of Troy, and OBrien Schofield of Wisconsin

Back
Top Bottom