Thursday Night Football: Matt Moore in for KC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday Night Football: Matt Moore in for KC

And he got his head knocked off in a massive cheap shot, missed one play and came back in.
That was such a cheap shot and all the Steeler fans were saying it was clean. I thought it was ten times worse then the hit mason Rudolph took a few weeks ago.

Matt more will always be a guy I root for. What a gamer. That buffalo game we don’t win with tannehill. Great throw to stills in that cardinal game in the rain.

I know that year was misleading but some fun moments I really enjoyed.

heres another thought i have about the situation. Can your team win without Mahomes? i dont think so, but their division sucks...how long will he be out for... we should know in the next couple of days...

If im the Chiefs GM I get the Giants on the phone. The Giants are danny jones team now, they dont need to bench him even if his play has declined. i know Eli is not elite and he's probably not going to hit a streaking hill 55 yards down field. He's a free agent after this year so there wont be any long term financial considerations like if they wanted to try to get Foles if he is magically healthy in next 10 days. Moore is also known to take some hits and try to be gutsy, i dont see him making it thru week 17 and into hte playoffs as a starter.

i always liked Moore but we all know what he is as a qb, and up and down gunslinger. he's going to make you scratch your head with alot of throws and wow you on others. If you think you can have mahomes back by the Division Round or Conf championships i think you have to make some kind of push like this. not that i have anything against moore he hasnt been on the best teams but he's never won a playoff game and looked horrible in the one he did play in.

I'm just saying ill pull for moore, and eli really isnt alot better, i just think he is marginally better but you need 2 until mahomes get back, especially with Moores injury history. think eli would approve of a trade to go be a starter again and have another shot
Crump - good post and I agree w a lot of it. Looks like Mahomes will be back 3-5 weeks so they won’t make any trades. We know Moore can win most of those games as they are a pretty stacked team.

One thing I disagree with though - MM’s playoff start for us in 2016 - he set a franchise post season record going 29-36 (>80%) in passing. He threw for close to 300 yards. The problem was the rest of team stunk around him. Antonio the Rapist Brown had 2 TDs before any of us finished our first beer so considering the hole we were in almost immediately the dude played really well. He also took a vicious cheap shot from Dupree and only missed one play. I saw that game differently than a lot of others - I saw a fins team that was just happy to have made the playoffs and wasn’t ready to play. Especially on defense. No tackling, couldn’t get a stop - team looked intimidated by playing at Pitt. The only guy that didn’t seem bothered was Moore given his stat line and willingness to go back into the game without his head. He looked like the only professional out there for us. I know he fumbled a couple times. The first one was a total whiff by Tunsil I think that let the edge rusher come free. And really the game was over in the first quarter. We weren’t coming back because our D never got a stop of Bell or Brown. I guess I saw that as a heck of a gutsy performance by a Miami QB (a backup no less). That game pissed me off more so because Gase did not have the team ready. They played tight - again - especially on D. Go Matt Moore :)

That was such a cheap shot and all the Steeler fans were saying it was clean. I thought it was ten times worse then the hit mason Rudolph took a few weeks ago.

Matt more will always be a guy I root for. What a gamer. That buffalo game we don’t win with tannehill. Great throw to stills in that cardinal game in the rain.

I know that year was misleading but some fun moments I really enjoyed.
Yeah was a nice run. Saved the Cards game w those two great throws to Stills and then beat the Bills (almost suffered cardiac arrest at the end of that one) and Jets. Gamer is the best way to describe the guy. FWIW, Tannehill absolutely LOVED him as a teammate / said he was such an unselfish person / all he did was try to help the kid. Easy guy to root for. I hope he gets the job done in KC and Mahomes comes back healthy and keeps Brady from another SB.

Crump - good post and I agree w a lot of it. Looks like Mahomes will be back 3-5 weeks so they won’t make any trades. We know Moore can win most of those games as they are a pretty stacked team.

One thing I disagree with though - MM’s playoff start for us in 2016 - he set a franchise post season record going 29-36 (>80%) in passing. He threw for close to 300 yards. The problem was the rest of team stunk around him. Antonio the Rapist Brown had 2 TDs before any of us finished our first beer so considering the hole we were in almost immediately the dude played really well. He also took a vicious cheap shot from Dupree and only missed one play. I saw that game differently than a lot of others - I saw a fins team that was just happy to have made the playoffs and wasn’t ready to play. Especially on defense. No tackling, couldn’t get a stop - team looked intimidated by playing at Pitt. The only guy that didn’t seem bothered was Moore given his stat line and willingness to go back into the game without his head. He looked like the only professional out there for us. I know he fumbled a couple times. The first one was a total whiff by Tunsil I think that let the edge rusher come free. And really the game was over in the first quarter. We weren’t coming back because our D never got a stop of Bell or Brown. I guess I saw that as a heck of a gutsy performance by a Miami QB (a backup no less). That game pissed me off more so because Gase did not have the team ready. They played tight - again - especially on D. Go Matt Moore :)

yeah i rewatched highlights of that game, forgot it was over in the frist before it started and LT looked like ****. even if he misses 6 weeks, moore and that offense should be able to at least go 3-3 (maybe better), so 6 weeks you dont waste draft capital on trading for a qb, but i still say you probably have to look at a FA QB. i dont know anything enough about kyle shumar to say whether or not i would trust him if Moore goes down. but im def pulling for the kid, liked him ever since he was a panther. i think i mainly liked him because he reminded me of alex moran of blue mountain state which was one of my favorite tv shows at the time.

Best backup QB filing in? Terry Bridgewater?
I was never a fan of Bridgewater but it goes to show how much friendlier it is for a QB to be surrounded by a good team. He’s a veteran and talented guy - he is making the most of the situation vs trying to transform a crappy franchise (like our last x number of QBs have had to try to do). So yes, I’d say he’s the best one right now filling in. Good for him. Had he come to Miami he would not look good on this team. I don’t see it.

Back
Top Bottom