Tim Bowens...COACH? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Bowens...COACH?

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
I was just thinking that it may be a real possibility that Timbo could become a coach in some capacity with the Miami Dolphins and maybe eventually a defensive line coach. He has plenty of experience and he definetly has the demeanor and personality that would mesh well with players.
I'm not saying this year. But I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it happen in the near future. Thoughts?

SCall13 said:
He has plenty of experience and he definetly has the demeanor and personality that would mesh well with players.

Your kidding me right? Tim Bowens is errr kinda eccentric. The first player that pisses him off will most likely end up hurt. Tim's a pretty loose cannon emotionally and isn't that easy to get along with. He's the guy you take along with for a bar fight.

VanDolPhan said:
Your kidding me right? Tim Bowens is errr kinda eccentric. The first player that pisses him off will most likely end up hurt. Tim's a pretty loose cannon emotionally and isn't that easy to get along with. He's the guy you take along with for a bar fight.

Plus he doesn't have a very good work ethic. See past 8 or 9 training camps.

Mean Joe Green turned into a good line coach.

VanDolPhan said:

I've always heard he is pretty fun loving guy. I never witnessed him totally lose it on the field, which would have happened alot to a person with a personality that you described. I do remember a few times when he got pissed off. But nothing out of the ordinary for a football player - especially one that lived in the trenches.

Maybe one day it can be possible but I think he needs to earn his spot there and show that he can co-operate well with others.

I'm not trying to start a Timbo for D-Line coach petition here. I just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thought about the possibility. It would just be nice to keep as a part of our team.
I know that he didn't have a work ethic to brag about. But I know it was partly due to recurring injuries.

SCall13 said:
I've always heard he is pretty fun loving guy. I never witnessed him totally lose it on the field, which would have happened alot to a person with a personality that you described. I do remember a few times when he got pissed off. But nothing out of the ordinary for a football player - especially one that lived in the trenches.

Sounds like a front office type guy. But IMO, he should just walk away from football and enjoy the rest of his life. I love the man, he diserves only the best.

SCall13 said:
I was just thinking that it may be a real possibility that Timbo could become a coach in some capacity with the Miami Dolphins and maybe eventually a defensive line coach. He has plenty of experience and he definetly has the demeanor and personality that would mesh well with players.
I'm not saying this year. But I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it happen in the near future. Thoughts?

Timbo is 3 toes shy of being qualified. :D

Timbo could coach the younger guys on how to throw down pancakes at IHOP.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom