Tim Brown in MIA? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Brown in MIA?

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Around the Horn and PTI reported that the Oakland Raiders were seriously considering cutting Tim Brown before the preseason started.

Im nto sure about this one. What do you guys think, is he worth it to bring in?

LIQUID24 said:
He's too slow and doesn't have good hands anymore. Not a clear upgrade over Thompson.

agree, however if he is cheap sign him to a 1 year contract, we have the cap room, we could use the depth, and even if he cant play top notch anymore our young recievers would still learn alot from him. shows good leadership also, we need that on offense

CrunchTime said:
When the Raiders cut you you are done.
Yeah, its like FLA and old people, Oak is where you go before your NFL career dies.

What is Brown now 80? If they let him ride one of those old people scooters on the field I'm all for it.

I dont think it could hurt to bring him to tryout, he could be a decent #3. Tim had a poor 2003 season with only 550+ yards but he only had the ball thrown to him 50 times (mostly by tuiasopoopoo) and the Raiders as a team were pretty bad.. In 2002 he had close to 1000 yds with 80 balls thrown his way. Hes durable too although that could change since his 38th birthday just past.....

I wouldnt count him out for a shot at the number 3.

he'll probably retire though :dunno:

Yep. Reminds me of the Chris Carter situation. I want to see our own young guys play. Lets develop our guys instead of hoping for a one year fix that could easily turn into a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom