Tim Hasselbeck? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Hasselbeck?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Would you take a flyer on him? I think I would. We couldnt get the first Hasselbeck, I wouldnt mind picking up Hasselbeck and seeing what he could do.. Not as a starter though.

Yep, depending on the price. I'd prefer to look into Drew Henson first but if not then I wouldn't mind picking him up and having him compete for a spot.

idk, he looked pretty good when he had to play for washington this year...i wouldnt mind him as an emergency pickup if we couldnt get rivers/henson.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
are you kidding me, he was awful

Did you watch the game that he played against us? I think he did a pretty good job, espicially in the beginning.

Except for the Dallas game which really brought his passer rating down he was actually pretty decent considering the situation he was brought in.

did you watch any other game he played?
you just said he had a very good beginning to a game, so you would consider him...

his numbers at the end of that game... 15 of 30 for 150 yards with a td and an INT.

other notable games...
6 for 26 against dallas 56 yard, 4 picks, ZERO QB rating (same defense fiedler picked apart)
21 for 32 against philly 192 yards, no tds, 1 Int, sacked 4 times, fumbled 1 time

whatd he go, 1-5 this year as a starter?
only threw over 200 yards twice(209, 231--no TDs in this game)
fumbled 3 times, threw seven pikcs and 5 tds...
it's not like his team is terrible either. laveraneous coles and rod gardner can play, mccants isnt a bad number 3 either. candidate can catch out of the backfield and that offensive line is much more talented than ours.

They played no better than ours.

i dont know if anyone actually watched him other than the miami game, but i certainly did thanks to direct tv and having 3 tvs set up each weekend in the same room and i would be extremely disappointed if we brought in hasselbeck even if he played for free. He's not the answer now, nor long term... if we lose out on brunell i would rather we not panic and go after someone just for the sake of pleasing the fans. i'd rather do the best we can to upgrade the guys around fiedler. I don't want him here any more than the next fan, but each of the last two years if he stays healthy, were in the playoffs and from there who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
TH was good vs you guys but he came in to a no lose situation as no one expected him to play then. He was pretty average the rest of the season. He is no better than a 3rd QB in my book and he has a really weak arm.

Oh god no please not Tim Hasselback. He's a testament to how much game announcers can make fans think they are seeing something they are not. I'm tired of when announcers see an underdog come on the field they have to GUSH about every good thing he does and completely ignore every bad thing he does.

Tim Hasselback should not, absolutely not, EVER wear a Phins uniform.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
Yep, depending on the price. I'd prefer to look into Drew Henson first but if not then I wouldn't mind picking him up and having him compete for a spot.
His 0 quarterback rating seems very appealing to you.

:rolleyes:

Hasselback as our 3rd stringer. That's about how far i'd trust him with my team. The guy wasn't good at all this year, the only reason he got any attention at all was because of his wife getting a job with ABC and being on survivor. Let's end this topic right now and start making sensible suggestions at who could play QB for us.

Back
Top Bottom