Time for real Football!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time for real Football!!

miamidolphins83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tonight was meaningless and fun. Great to see Jakeem the Dream tear it up on the field and to see Chase Allen in on almost every tackle.

It's been one heck of an offseason, I got a chance to see the Dolphins play in Philly and witness the Cutler to Devante magic.

Unfortunate that this team lost many talented players to injuries but I'm seeing a lot of bright spots even so.

It's time for the 2017 Miami Dolphins season! Get psyched!!!

Time for the J-Train to roll Tampa!
Time for Devante to light up Grimes!
Time for Xavien to pick off Winston!

Here's to a season of overcoming adversary through hard work and class!

GO DOLPHINS!!

Yeah Irma might cause some issues..
I feel the team is not ready.. Gase can not keep the blinders on to how the defense is performing..
The bad part is I doubt he fires burke after one year, so we are stuck running a basic defense that does not make the other teams qb think enough.
I hope Hayes and Timmons help vs the run.
No matter who we signed our season got T-Boned the day our starting QB went down. It sucks but the record does not mean as much as the growth, the team is pretty young you would like to see young players make plays.
I will be waiting for the Oak game im sure McDonald will be happy to get back on the field

I hope they bring safety help for Grimes against Parker (or Stills) and our TEs light up the middle.

I'm not sure why so many of us and the media are saying our season is done, or they expect 6 - 10 or 7 -9.

We lost Ryan, but Jay is equal to or better than Ryan - and he knows the system better than Ryan. +

We lost Raekwon - but our LB's sucked last year and we went 10 - 6.

We lost Koa Misi, but he hardly played last year - so this is a moot point. =

We added heavy handed Hayes, Timmons the bull, and got rid of Earl Mitchell who did nothing. +

Xavien is back in the line-up. Reshad is back in the line-up. +

We had no FS after IAQ went down - I'm not a big Allen fan, but he's better than the back-ups we trotted out there at FS last year - FACT.

Ajayi barely played the first four games last year, and he STILL went for 1000 yards. He will beast. +

DVP was at 60% health and confidence wise last year....he's 100% ready to go now. Cutler will throw it up, and DVP will come down with it. +

Landry is gonna Landry, Stills is gonna Stills,.....AND Jakeem is going to shock the league IF he gets some touches. +

Our offense is going to score more than last year with Ajayi and Thomas and Fasano in the red zone. +

Godchaux, Hayes, Timmons, Suh, Jones will stop the run BETTER than last year - book it. +

Even without Tannehill and McMillan - we are still a playoff team.

Nobody wants to see Ajayi for 60 minutes trust me....and if they stack the box, we are going over the top with Stills DVP or Grant.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why so many of us and the media are saying our season is done, or they expect 6 - 10 or 7 -9.

Historically, pretty much all teams that barely win a close amount of games one year do not fare well the following season. We fit that category to a "T".

There was one exception - a single Indianapolis led Peyton Manning team.

Historically, pretty much all teams that barely win a close amount of games one year do not fare well the following season. We fit that category to a "T".

There was one exception - a single Indianapolis led Peyton Manning team.

Article on why the Dolphins were one the worst playoff since the 2010 Seahawks
https://thesportspost.com/nfl-dolphins-bad-playoff-team/

That’s a big deal. Point differential tends to be a far better measure of performance than record. (Think of it this way: a 40-point win shows more about a team than a one-point win, right?) The Dolphins may have won 10 games, but their point differential indicates that they played at the level of a 7.5 win team. Of the 20 non-playoff teams, 13 had a better point differential. So, how did Miami sneak into the playoffs despite playing worse overall football than more than half of the teams that didn’t make it?

They won close games. Statistically speaking, games decided by seven points or less tend to be random. Over a long enough sample size almost every team will win 50 percent of them. One season is not a very large sample size. The Dolphins lost their first single-score games this season… and then won their next eight. Only two of their wins were by more than a touchdown. Their four losses after those first two were by a combined 81 points.

The positives are few and far between. Ryan Tannehill would post a career-best 93.5 passer rating… and still finish outside of the top-10. That also came with a career-worst 3.1 percent interception rate.

Even the things that did go well come with caveats. Jay Ajayi would turn into one of the better running backs in football. It begs the question: why did the coaching staff need four weeks to realize he should be playing?

The Dolphins are a highly flawed football team that lucked their way into a playoff berth. Do not expect any of the trends that got them there to continue against Pittsburgh. Teams like this simply don’t go on sustained playoff runs.

Back
Top Bottom