Time to break out the draft table... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to break out the draft table...

Wow, so it would probably take our first and second round picks to trade up to get Cutler (since many people see him being a top 10 guy now.)

ur assuming the GM's and Coaches use this....obviously Spielman never did.

Well as Brandt points out... it's just a tool to help bracket value... the players don't always pan out for one reason or another.....

I wish people would look at that chart before posting "we need to trade up and get leinart/young!!!!!!" threads.

YoMamma said:
ur assuming the GM's and Coaches use this....obviously Spielman never did.

Yup. If you take the trade up with the Vikings in 2004 to move one spot from 20 to 19, it should have cost no more than an early 6th round pick. We, of course, gave up a 4th for the pleasure.

Anyone know how future picks are valued per this chart......what would a 2007 1st rounder be worth for example.

It would cost a swap of firsts, and a 2nd rounder, to move up to the 7 or 8 spot to grab Cutler

burger13 said:
Anyone know how future picks are valued per this chart......what would a 2007 1st rounder be worth for example.

It's more subjective and depends on how well the team that is trading picks is expected to do by the other team. Don't have a link but remember past info the most for any teams expectations is #17. Value for expected bad teams #17, middle of pack teams was #25, and playoff teams #32. For us, our 2007 is probably worth at least #25 now. But our late season run may put us in the playoff group depending on what we do during free agency.

burger13 said:
If I'm not mistaken a future first is roughly the equivalent to this years 2nd.

Pocoloco said:
It would cost a swap of firsts, and a 2nd rounder, to move up to the 7 or 8 spot to grab Cutler
Or two firsts, but either way it is doable, and I think something Nick will think about if Cutler impresses him.

Aqua and Orange said:
Wow, so it would probably take our first and second round picks to trade up to get Cutler (since many people see him being a top 10 guy now.)

First and second pick's for Cutler? Many people saw Rodgers as a possible 1st pick in the draft too....and they were wrong.

Back
Top Bottom