Time to update this poll: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to update this poll:

What should be Miami's QB move this off season?

• Draft Phillip Rivers

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Trade for Drew Henson

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Trade for Pat Ramsey

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Keep Jay Fielder

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Keep Brian Griese

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
With so many QB names being thrown around, its time to do this again.

By the way this poll has multiple answers so you can pick more than one, for example I picked:

Draft Rivers and aquire Ramsey

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mods:

Please correct my spelling in the title of this poll. I can't do it.

Should say "time" not "tiem"

Trade for Henson, because if they wanted to they could still draft Rivers or Loseman. From what I understand the TEXANS are willing to let Henson go for 2005 draft picks.

Trading Henson gives the Dolphins more options than any other choice.

Oliver...

I want the Phinz to jump all over QB P. Ramsey.....

He'd be a pefect fit in Miami. He'd be our starting QB from day one as well....

I'm not against trading for Henson either, but the only difference is that he'd be waiting a year before being given the chance to start. That's the only downside to trading for Henson IMO...

We need a new starter THIS YEAR. Our patience is wearing very thin with Fiedler, and if we got Henson instead of Ramsey, we'd be stuck with Fiedler again in 2004....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Originally posted by ohall
Trade for Henson, because if they wanted to they could still draft Rivers or Loseman. From what I understand the TEXANS are willing to let Henson go for 2005 draft picks.

Trading Henson gives the Dolphins more options than any other choice.

Oliver...

That would work. By trading for Henson, it would at least guarantee us a young guy for the future. As you say, if Rivers is still available and they'd rather have him, draft him and they could do a world of good dealing Henson then ! i like it. ;)

Wow what if we really got crazy and drafted Rivers AND traded for Henson?

Let them battle it out and then use the other for trade bait next year.

No proven starter, but man what a boat load of talent. It woudl be fun to watch!!

Originally posted by fin-atic
Wow what if we really got crazy and drafted Rivers AND traded for Henson?

Let them battle it out and then use the other for trade bait next year.

No proven starter, but man what a boat load of talent. It woudl be fun to watch!!

That would be fun but I highly doubt it would happen. We would need to be ok with passing on 1st round talent at either the WR or O lIne positions. We need that talent.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
Trade for Henson and Ramsey. I think Rivers will be gone by 20 anyway.
That's the same thing I was just thinking. Trade for both QB's. Henson is supposed to be very good eventually, but if he doesn't pan out, we still don't get caught with our pants down.

You guys are doing some dreaming there, that would never happen because we need other positions and we are kinda short on money

Originally posted by nick19991
You guys are doing some dreaming there, that would never happen because we need other positions and we are kinda short on money
I wouldn't say dreaming. It's possible. Henson might be ours for a conditional 2005 pick, and Ramsey could be ours for a 1st or 2nd this year. It doesn't have anything to do with money. Henson doesn't have the leverage to demand big money, so he'll get signed for the minimum. Ramsey, however could demand a new contract. That's fine with me. You have to pay a good QB what he deserves anyway.

I'd rather sign Ramsey to a better contract than cut Jay's contract, have him as the starter next year and say, "Well, I've got some good news. We saved a load of money against the cap."

If we trade for Henson....and then use one of our first round picks on a QB.....the FO should be hung from the nearest goal post.....that would rank as one of the all-time dumb moves.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
Trade for Henson and Ramsey. I think Rivers will be gone by 20 anyway.

Not that its a bad idea I just dont think its possible. The last thing Ramsey wasnt is to be in a place where he is looking over his shoulder, again. He would be better off going to Dallad, SD or something like that where he does not need to worry about either sitting behind a vet or playing while a new qb gets groomed.

WHy would Rivers be gone at #20? Who is goig to take him? Tell me who ahead of us needs a QB so bad they woudl tie up that much money and that high of a pick?

The teams that need a QB:

San Diego
Raiders
Miami

Buffalo has Bledsoe and it's too much money to get a high drafted QB.
Pittsburgh has no running back, look for them to go RB first.

Rivers will be there if we are smart enough to get him.

Back
Top Bottom