Votes: 43 55.8%

• Total voters

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
C'mon Fin fans let us hear it!

Is this good or bad.

A simple poll so don't try and dilute it with a hundred variables.

Either you like the move or you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Blitz. There plenty here putting lots of spin on it, but I have yet to see one factual well thought out argument as to why this was our best choice. I think what is key here is, is that many are basing their opinions on this being better than Fiedler. Well that's not really saying much. I as a fan was looking for an impact player at this position. One who could scare defenses a little. Also I ask "was this the BEST choice out there?" For a team who wants to win now I think you make the best choice. You do not roll the dice on a fifth rounder who can't break into the top 2 on his own team. We keep worrying about overspending on talent liek Brunell and Henson and we keep dwelling in mediocrity. I think Ricky proves that if you go out and get talent, it pays. I think Fiedler proves, you take a gamble on a wanna be and it blows up in your face.

Hey why not a "don't know yet, I'll save my judgement for after he plays" option up there Fin-atic.

All you genious', why aren't ya'll in football for a living?

:rolleyes:

Im myself am against this move, but i do have to admit two years ago as the 3rd string QB he took a team with out any real consisitant running attack or and real threats at reciever to a 4-1 record, so i guess there is a possibitiy, i think what im scared of is how much we gave up for a guy and how big of a contract we have to a guy who was behind koy detmer, who is absolutely god awful

Originally posted by dolfan87
Hey why not a "don't know yet, I'll save my judgement for after he plays" option up there Fin-atic.

All you genious', why aren't ya'll in football for a living?

:rolleyes:

Becuase I want to know how you feel about it as of now. I think if he wins a lot or loses a lot then everyones opinions will change. We are judging the MOVE not the player.

Genuis?? I never said that. But I can say that in the last couple of years:

1. I was critical of not getting offensive line help last year and predicted the line would not play well. All true.

2. I have been saying for two years that Jay Fiedler would not be a winner for this team and that is true.

3. I also said that the addition of Seau and Knight was fun but a waste as it would not improve ourt defense. Statistically we were worse this year then last year and still crumbled. We should have spent the money on th eother side of the ball.

4. I was critical of the pick of Fletcher and then last year of Eddie Moore. Both times they were not areas of need. I was on the money on both. Moore can still come on and contribute, but a sof now I am right.

So read it as you will. But my record looks much better than WanSpeil. And you know what?? I am not enjoying it at all. I wish they would get it right nd make me look bad and stupid. Because our Fins would be winning and we wouldn;t be missing the playoffs again for two years in a row.

I WANT to be wrong.

Originally posted by Crzynick25
Im myself am against this move, but i do have to admit two years ago as the 3rd string QB he took a team with out any real consisitant running attack or and real threats at reciever to a 4-1 record, so i guess there is a possibitiy, i think what im scared of is how much we gave up for a guy and how big of a contract we have to a guy who was behind koy detmer, who is absolutely god awful

A reminder that his four wins all came against teams without winning records that year. A very Fiedler like accomplishment.

I'd rather there be a "Undecided: wait and see" option up there (like the poll on our front page :D). I like the move. I think he'll an upgrade to Fiedler. But there's no way of knowing if he'll be a "good" QB for us. I can't see the future at this time. But if I do, you'll see gold chains and lots of money hanging off my avatar. ;)

Those four wins......came down the stretch while chasing a #1 seed (which the got). And he was good enough against the red-hot Giants.

For the record there Fin-atic 99% of the fans on this board were critical of the Jamar Fletcher pick, and the drafting of Eddie Moore. However, Eddie might yet prove to be a good pick.

Jay Fiedler WAS a winner for this team, as his W/L stats speak for themselves.

He has won a lot more games than he lost...although you and I both know why.

Remember bro, Spielman would of brought us Boldin last year, and NOT Eddie Moore. Spielman is bringing us A.J. Feeley this year and NOT Jay Fiedler.

Let's see what Rick can do without Wannstedt breathing down his neck.

What I remember from his starts a couple of years ago was thinking he was the scrawniest QB I had ever seen in the NFL. Am I remembering that wrong or has he bulked up some since? I just remember thinking "this guys gonna get hurt bad" and after 5 games or so, he did. He was getting sacked and tried to stop the fall with his arm, and it was painful to watch. Hard to believe with that "physique" his first instinct was to brace his fall with that spindly arm while a 300 lb DT was sacking him...OUCH!

That said, he did seem to have the confidence of his teammates, and he did keep them in the playoff hunt while the 1st and 2nd string QBs were injured. He did his job...I'd still much rather have Rivers, but that was really looking doubtful anyway. I hope Rivers ends up with a good team. I'd hate to see his talent wasted on some crappy team like LT2 in SD. I think Miami would have been the perfect fit for Rivers, but what do I know...I'm just a fan!

GO PHINS!

Bad. We overpaid for him. I don't think we should have given up a second rounder and I don't think we should have given him a 5 year, 18 million dollar contract.

Originally posted by fin-atic

Becuase I want to know how you feel about it as of now. I think if he wins a lot or loses a lot then everyones opinions will change. We are judging the MOVE not the player.

Genuis?? I never said that. But I can say that in the last couple of years:

1. I was critical of not getting offensive line help last year and predicted the line would not play well. All true.

2. I have been saying for two years that Jay Fiedler would not be a winner for this team and that is true.

3. I also said that the addition of Seau and Knight was fun but a waste as it would not improve ourt defense. Statistically we were worse this year then last year and still crumbled. We should have spent the money on th eother side of the ball.

4. I was critical of the pick of Fletcher and then last year of Eddie Moore. Both times they were not areas of need. I was on the money on both. Moore can still come on and contribute, but a sof now I am right.

So read it as you will. But my record looks much better than WanSpeil. And you know what?? I am not enjoying it at all. I wish they would get it right nd make me look bad and stupid. Because our Fins would be winning and we wouldn;t be missing the playoffs again for two years in a row.

I WANT to be wrong.

You have been wrong about MANY MANY things as well...If you want I could go and waiste an hour looking things up but I would rather not. Everyone here is right and wrong about stuff they say...so do not just point out your rights. Point out your wrongs as well.

Originally posted by Lycaon
What I remember from his starts a couple of years ago was thinking he was the scrawniest QB I had ever seen in the NFL. Am I remembering that wrong or has he bulked up some since? I just remember thinking "this guys gonna get hurt bad" and after 5 games or so, he did. He was getting sacked and tried to stop the fall with his arm, and it was painful to watch. Hard to believe with that "physique" his first instinct was to brace his fall with that spindly arm while a 300 lb DT was sacking him...OUCH!

That said, he did seem to have the confidence of his teammates, and he did keep them in the playoff hunt while the 1st and 2nd string QBs were injured. He did his job...I'd still much rather have Rivers, but that was really looking doubtful anyway. I hope Rivers ends up with a good team. I'd hate to see his talent wasted on some crappy team like LT2 in SD. I think Miami would have been the perfect fit for Rivers, but what do I know...I'm just a fan!

GO PHINS!

I think you're referring to Koy Detmer. He is 6'1" and 195lbs.

AJ is 6'3" and 217.

Originally posted by Lycaon

GO PHINS!

You're thinking of Koy Detmer. Feeley's not quite that scrawny. That being said...what the HELL is going on? Feeley's clearly not the answer long-term...is it possible that the Fins coudl still go after Losman?

Back
Top Bottom