Time will Tell! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time will Tell!

goner

Rookie
Reaction score
I know that this is true of all draft picks but if somehow Martin or Lewan fell to us everybody would be saying it was a great pick. Hickey went with what the Dolphins concidered the next best Tackle and a natural right tackle at that. So two years from now if he has been our starting right takle doing a good job than this was a successful pick. I can not imagine that Martin or Lewan are any more guarenteed to be great players. The tackles picked in the top 5 in the draft last year were Ok but by no means superstars. This was a good solid pick at a position we need filled desperatly.

I know that this is true of all draft picks but if somehow Martin or Lewan fell to us everybody would be saying it was a great pick. Hickey went with what the Dolphins concidered the next best Tackle and a natural right tackle at that. So two years from now if he has been our starting right takle doing a good job than this was a successful pick. I can not imagine that Martin or Lewan are any more guarenteed to be great players. The tackles picked in the top 5 in the draft last year were Ok but by no means superstars. This was a good solid pick at a position we need filled desperatly.

If a punter fell to us some posters would proclaim "This is the best draft we've had in years!!!!"

Obvious bad pick is obvious. James, Jones, (Vernon) Carey, whatever his name is, will never equal the type of impact other players would at that selection. Deal with it.

Yes. Time will tell, just like Long v Ryan. One's still playing the most important position in the NFL,
the other is not on the team that drafted him, and from this last draft pick's indication? Probably
out of a job and on his way to a third team this year.

I love...LOVE taking OL over playmakers.

Back
Top Bottom