Tired Of Hearing The Pats Have No Talent!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tired Of Hearing The Pats Have No Talent!!

DolfanF150

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm starting to get sick of hearing about how the Bills and Dolphins have "so much more talent" than the Patriots. After last season I truly believed that and figured the 2001 Pats were just a flash in the pan lucky team who was overrated BIG TIME. I hate to break it to you guys but if this team wins 2 Super Bowls in 3 seasons as much as we'd like to believe they are "LUCKY", "NOT TALENTED" and "OVERRATED" we are wrong. Go ahead tell me that the Pats winning the Super Bowl this season won't happen I said the same thing 2 years ago. Does anyone know how many playoff games the Pats have lost at home in the past 10 years? I'm pretty sure it's 0. You wait the Pats are going to get like Denver at home and squeak out a victory then get the Chiefs at Home and embarrass them. They will probably beat either St. Louis (Bulger will probably have like 5 picks) or Philly (who they demolished in week 2) in the super bowl. I want to really take a close look at this talent thing so here goes.

Offensively - I'd take Ricky Williams and Chris Chambers from Miami and Eric Moulds from Buffalo. Randy McMichael is debatable but the Graham, Fauria combo is probably better to have because of depth. I would take Tom Brady as my starting QB (Bills fans don't EVEN start because at this point in time you don't have a leg to stand on), the entire Patriots offensive line (hands down) and all of the Patriot WR's would be on my depth chart before the next Bill or Dolphin WR was mentioned.

Defense - Miami's DE's are the class of the division without a doubt but I'm willing to bet Pats have 4 guys that are better than Miami's next 2. DT's are very close. All are good at stopping the run BUT the Pats seem to generate more of a pass rush up the middle than the other 2 teams because of Seymour. I'd say the talent difference between Bowens, Chester, Adams, Williams, Washington and Seymour (Pats play both 4-3 and 3-4) is very, very close. Once again I'm willing to bet the Pats have the best Depth (but Miami might at this position). Linebacker is interesting. I'd take Zach and Fletcher over Brushci (but I wouldn't throw Tedy out of camp) right at this point in time and TKO would probably come next (who knows if Colvin wasn't out for the season) but Vrabel (who probably leads this group in sacks) Johnson, Phifer and Seau are close (I thought Junior played great and was an upgrade over Rodgers) and Greenwood and Jeff Posey are about the same. Secondary I'd take Law and Surtain as my starting SB's and probably Harrison (way more BIG PLAYS than Marion) and Milloy as my safeties with Nate Clements as my nickel back. I'm positive the Pats have better depth here also.

So basically if I were a head coach in the NFL with these 3 teams to choose players from my starting lineup would look like this.

QB Brady
RB Williams

3rd downs
Faulk

FB Konrad (forgot to mention that)

WR Moulds
WR Chambers

5 wide
WR Brown
WR Branch
WR Givens

TE Graham and Fauria over McMichael
O-LINE
5 Patriots (too lazy to name them)

Defense
DE Taylor
DT Bowens
DT Seymour
DE Ogun
OLB Vrabel
MLB Thomas
OLB Spikes
3-4 Johnson and Phifer

CB Surtain
CB Law
FS Harrison
SS Milloy
NB Clements

Special teams
KR Bethal Johnson
PR Faulk
K Vinitieri
P Moorman

That's 21 total Patriots
8 Fins
5 Bills

Starters
14 Pats
8 fins
4 Bills

The Pats have more talented from line players than the both of us and much better depth IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with your assesment..........

McMichael would start

Seau would be there also.

Harrison does not play FS.

The 5 Patriot lineman you like head one of the worst run offenses in the game.

Your assesment is biased to prove your point.

Try again.

OK I messed up with Harrison I'll give you that but even still now my starting safties are Marion at FS and Harrison at SS which bumps out Milloy. I'll give you McMichael also as he may be the most talented of the 3 TE's but New Englnad has better depth. Seau in 1995 would be in there for certain now I'm not so sure. Mike Vrabel has 9.5 sacks this season blitzing. I admit the Pats have the least talented RB's of the 3 teams which is probably why they are the worst rushing team in the divsion. Do you think Ricky would have a worse season running behind NE's O-line? I doubt it. The Pats have had the most productive offense of the 3 teams and best pass protection by far. The Dolphins and Bills have a huge talent advantage at the tailback position but I'd still take NE's O-line over either of ours.

Originally posted by DolfanF150
I'm starting to get sick of hearing about how the Bills and Dolphins have "so much more talent" than the Patriots.

Plug your ears then.

Dude as a Patriots fan the road to the Super Bowl IS NOT A LOCK. If the Patriots even make it I would be ESTATIC. It's just too damn hard man. They would have to beat two of these teams and thats after winning 11 in a row(12 if they beat the Bills), Colts, Chiefs, Titans, Broncos,Ravens. If they can pull that off I wouldn't even know what to say. The law of averages is a mutha but the 72 Dolphins did it and one of those Bronco Elway teams pulled it off(14 wins).

I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and I'll be happy win or lose. They gave us an exciting season and represented the AFC East proudly.

Well then DolphanF150 turn the voulme down on your hearing aid...

:jk:

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Guess I'm learning a little bit about the arogance of Dolphin fans. This post has been well recieved and discussed nicely on the Bills website.

You got balls DolfanF150 posting this here. I give you credit.

I gotta say one thing. As a 10year resident of FLL I hear the talk all offseason and the hype as the season nears. I am in the car most of the day for work and I got WQAM on Joe Rose (nowadays) Maddog,Hank, Big O. You name em.I hear the callers. One thing that always amazes me is the complete disregard Finfans have for the talent on other teams in the division. It's one thing to hate the Jets,Jills and now even more the Patriots but you have to be realistic especially about the division you play in.
Thats what sets you guys up for the fall. You look at your roster,see the players and think this is the year. All the while just not giving much thought or credit for talent on other teams.
This is the AFCE ,fellas. There is alot of talent.

The dolphins have more individual talent, and if harnessed correctly by a coach that knew anything about shaking up a defense, and drafting some people on offense, I don't doubt we would be better.

Just think about how the pats would be if wanny was their coach, and we had bill.

heres the dealyo coach bellichick knows how to maximize his talent and put them in the position to make plays and maximize their contributions. Our wonderful coach knows how to minimize talent and put players in position to fail ie zack chasing wideouts downfield/wade smith getting no help in pass protection etc etc etc. New england has a very solid football team in the top 10 talent-wize but their coach never puts them in plays/positions to fail hence the reason they are doing so well.

Just an add on. no I as a dolphin fan do not think we have the most talent in the league. Obviously we have huge problems at OL and QB but a coach such as bellichick would have those weaknesses covered up or schemed better and we wouldnt be talking next year already. I honestly believe we had the talent to make a run this year and last year, we destroyed the afc representative in the superbowl last year and this team is just a bit stronger than last years.

Back
Top Bottom