Titans Taking Williams at #6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Titans Taking Williams at #6

thecoordinator

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
NASHVILLE, TN, April 21, 2005 - Before he announced he would return next season, Steve McNair didn't demand that the Titans use their top draft pick on a wide receiver.

''I'm sure he's thinking it, though,'' general manager Floyd Reese said.

Derrick Mason, McNair's favorite target the past few seasons and the NFL's leading receiver in 2004, is now in Baltimore after the Titans cut him and three other starters and slashed $27 million off their salary cap.

Mix that with offseason departures by free agents, and Tennessee has a grand total of two receivers on the roster.

So it might be an obvious choice for the Titans to take Mike Williams with the No. 6 selection overall. It would reunite the 6-foot-5, 229-pound receiver from Southern California with his former offensive coordinator, Norm Chow, and give McNair a trio of receivers who are 6-4 and taller.

''You can't lose a player of the caliber of (Mason) and not do something to try to replace him - simply because Derrick was so good and so productive for us, and, of course, he and Steve had a great relationship. We've got to find someone to try and pick up some slack,'' Reese said.

read the rest here: http://www.titansonline.com/

because EVERYONE has the titans taking cb antrel rolle and the vikings are sitting at #7 and you know they are looking at taking a wr. there is a strong possibility if the vikes do not trade up they will not get the wr they want. all 3 wrs could be gone by the 6th selection, forcing the vikings to move up and trade both first rounders to do so. thats good news for us.

Because with him not an option at wr at #7 or #9, dolphins pick #2 goes up in value just a whole lot more. sweet.

Puffboy(ricky) said:
Because with him not an option at wr at #7 or #9, dolphins pick #2 goes up in value just a whole lot more. sweet.

thank you

Tennessee has needs almost everywhere. They're probably going BPA at 6, which could easily be Williams.

Ok I see where you are going with it. I never really thought that the Titans wouldn't take Williams at #6. Seems like a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom