Tj's Take | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tj's Take

Um...because no matter how good your defense is (supposedly), you still have to have a passing game that is respected. I'd say the Minn and Seattle passing game gets my respect.

It would be one thing if we had the 2000 Baltimore D, but the fact is that our D is overrated, like it or not.

what good is a respectable passing game if your D gives up 44 points to Baltimore who is terrible offensivley? I would like our chances going one on one with either one of these teams.

TJ has never had any respect for the Dolphins. This is nothing new from him.

Originally posted by fearthefish
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/story?page=tjtake12/index

I can understand most of this list but putting Seattle and Minnesota ahead of Miami???? Just recently Minnesota lost 4 games in a row and Seattle gave up 44 points to Baltimore and lost!
i don't understand that at all. its not really important though, W's are all thats important. let those idiots make their friggin lists, there might be a shortage of toilet paper one of these days!;) :evil:

Don't forget too that when he wrote that article we hadn't finished our game, (it came out yesterday evening) and it looked like we were going to lose until the last quarter, so he probably figured we were 6-5 when he finished the article and sent it in.

NE ahead of either tennessee or indy is laughable...they play down(or up) to their opponents and escape nearly every game with their lives. the law of averages outta take care of them.

Our D is underrated actually.

We've allowed the 2nd fewest points per game on defense in the NFL. The 1st fewest is the Cowboys with 15.3 points per game, and we're at 15.5 points per game.

Next closest is New England at 15.9 points per game. There's only 5 teams below 17 points per game. Our defense makes things happen in the clutch too. The only game I can remember us not being kept in the game because of our defense, was the Tennessee game. Every team has at least one of THOSE days. Any other time our defense kept us in the game the whole time until finally we just couldn't kick the field goal through the uprights, or we just couldn't muster up a scoring drive, etc. Last night was no different at all. In the first half lay the blame upon Jim Bates. He was outschemed by Steve Spurrier and you could see it. The most telling sign was the Skins' ability to run the ball on us. But, in the 2nd half, Bates learned better and adjusted, and the players got pumped, got tons of pressure, blitzed and took down RBs in the backfield, and made plays on opponent receivers.

Thats a clutch defense.

I don't really put much stock into TJ's take, if for no other reason than because he posts it on Monday, before the Monday Night game has even been played. I don't think any power rankings should be released until all the games for the week have been completed.

Originally posted by fearthefish
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/story?page=tjtake12/index

I can understand most of this list but putting Seattle and Minnesota ahead of Miami???? Just recently Minnesota lost 4 games in a row and Seattle gave up 44 points to Baltimore and lost!

Vikings are better than their record, and there defense put on a pretty good show yesterday. I think Seattle should be ranked lower though.

Because we have not beaten a team with a winning record yet maybe?

The Vikings have been awful in their last 5 games. After their great start, they lost 4 in a row. Yesterday, they barely beat the lowly Lions who are about to break the record for road losses in a row at HOME. They got two interceptions at the end of the game that were returned for touchdowns. We should be ahead of the Vikings at this point.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The Vikings have been awful in their last 5 games. After their great start, they lost 4 in a row. Yesterday, they barely beat the lowly Lions who are about to break the record for road losses in a row at HOME. They got two interceptions at the end of the game that were returned for touchdowns. We should be ahead of the Vikings at this point.
they can have us at the bottom of every team stat known to man, but if we win the superbowl..................................

Back
Top Bottom