To anyone who thinks Herm Edwards has class..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To anyone who thinks Herm Edwards has class.....

Pagan

Gone
Reaction score
I believe the correct saying is "showing your true colors"? :rolleyes: Here's some quotes from today's NY Daily News:

"The guy should have made the field goal...."

"At the end of the day, the guy has got to make the kick."

"This is not a rookie kicker. This guy is a good kicker. We did the best we could and the guy missed."

Way to throw your player under the oncoming train, Herm! You did the best you could? You mean your overwhelming offensive gameplan that netted you THREE whole points? Or was it when you got to the Steelers 24 and then went conservative like Marty Schottenheimer did the week before, even though you KNEW that kickers have a TERRIBLE time hitting long FGs in Heinz Stadium? Or was it when you decided to take a knee and LOSE two more yards....and not even getting the ball in the middle of the field for the kick???

You're the head coach Herm, take the bullet like a man.

What a tool....:shakeno:

Pagan said:
I believe the correct saying is "showing your true colors"? :rolleyes: Here's some quotes from today's NY Daily News:

"The guy should have made the field goal...."

"At the end of the day, the guy has got to make the kick."

"This is not a rookie kicker. This guy is a good kicker. We did the best we could and the guy missed."

Way to throw your player under the oncoming train, Herm! You did the best you could? You mean your overwhelming offensive gameplan that netted you THREE whole points? Or was it when you got to the Steelers 24 and then went conservative like Marty Schottenheimer did the week before, even though you KNEW that kickers have a TERRIBLE time hitting long FGs in Heinz Stadium? Or was it when you decided to take a knee and LOSE two more yards....and not even getting the ball in the middle of the field for the kick???

You're the head coach Herm, take the bullet like a man.

What a tool....:shakeno:

Mike and the Mad Dog up here on WFAN basically just said the same thing. They were KILLING Herm- absolutlely KILLING him- and rightfully so. Herm said he lost the two yards so Pittsburgh had no chance of a good return after the Jets made the FG. THAT is just unbelivable. THAT is from the Dave Wannschmuck school of coaching.

What's he supposed to say? It's ok for his kicker to miss a 43 yd FG? He should take the blame b/c it wasn't a 20 yard FG? I have no problem w/ Herm saying that b/c it's the truth and everyone knows it.

Mike and the Mad Dog up here on WFAN basically just said the same thing.

mike Francessa is just jealous b/c he thought the team would fold after his buddy left but not only have they not folded they have gotten BETTER since BP left so he is angry about that so this whole season no matter what the Jets did right he always bashed them.

How about his bonehead calls? How about the fact that he let his kicker attempt a 43 yard FG in a stadium where the longest FG made there EVER was 46 yards? How about the fact that he didn't try to get him ANY closer, in fact taking a knee and LOSING 2 yards? How about the fact that he was too stupid to realize he was doing the EXACT SAME THING that Schottenheimer did the week before? How about the fact that he couldn't adjust to make his offense work? How about the fact that if it wasn't for Rothlesberger (however ya spell it) making bonehead throws and one freak punt return, the game probably would have been a blowout?

Geez....you have no problem with it? So let me get this straight, if you have a daughter that looks like the *** end of a mule, and she asks you if she's ugly....it's okay to say yes cause it's the truth huh? Remind me never to have you with me if I rob a bank, you'd sell me down the river in a heartbeat. ;)

Then again, my bad....I should have known that Jet fans wouldn't know class or tact if it smacked them in the face. :roflmao:

nyjunc said:
mike Francessa is just jealous b/c he thought the team would fold after his buddy left but not only have they not folded they have gotten BETTER since BP left so he is angry about that so this whole season no matter what the Jets did right he always bashed them.
Better? They reached the AFC Championship game and were one half away from beating the Broncos and going to the Superbowl with Parcells. How many AFC Championship games has Herm gotten them to? Oh yea....none. :rolleyes:

How about his bonehead calls? How about the fact that he let his kicker attempt a 43 yard FG in a stadium where the longest FG made there EVER was 46 yards? How about the fact that he didn't try to get him ANY closer, in fact taking a knee and LOSING 2 yards? How about the fact that he was too stupid to realize he was doing the EXACT SAME THING that Schottenheimer did the week before? How about the fact that he couldn't adjust to make his offense work? How about the fact that if it wasn't for Rothlesberger (however ya spell it) making bonehead throws and one freak punt return, the game probably would have been a blowout?

he nailed a 42 yarder earlier w/ a high snap, he just barely missed a 47 yarder 2 mins earlier. Why is it inreasonable to think he should make a 43 yarder? Yes it was a boneheaded dcision to take the knee but that's not why he missed it, he hooked it left. A week ago Marty gave his kicker a 40 yard FG attempt, the bottom line is that the kickers HAVE to make those kicks. That's what they get paid to do, they were both put in position to win it and they both failed.

By the way, that's the only article I have seen where herm says anything negative about brien. i don't think he was speakingto the writer just that the writer overheard him. In other articles he has said he wasn't blaming the kicker. The fact is he put his kicker in position TWICE to win the game and he failed both times- not the Coaches fault.

Then again, my bad....I should have known that Jet fans wouldn't know class or tact if it smacked them in the face.

:rolleyes:

Better? They reached the AFC Championship game and were one half away from beating the Broncos and going to the Superbowl with Parcells. How many AFC Championship games has Herm gotten them to? Oh yea....none.

considering the team missed the playoffs the 2 seasons before herm got here and the franchise had made the PO's 2 times in 14 years and now we have made it 3 of 4 w/ only our 2nd AFC East Title ever I'd say the team has gotten better. We were a kick away from the AFC Title game and we have a young team that is getting better.

nyjunc said:
We were a kick away from the AFC Title game and we have a young team that is getting better.
Really?

John Abraham
Anthony Becht
Jason Ferguson
Jason Glenn
Toby Gowin
LaMont Jordan
Kareem McKenzie
James Reed
Jenyatta Wright
Jonathan Goodwin

All FAs, and with your cap you can't keep them all. You're about to get even younger and take a step backwards, my friend.

And as far as your defense of Edwards...if he was a better coach he might have checked to find that the success rate of FGs over 40 yards in the HISTORY of Heinz Field is only 44%. ;)

John Abraham- will be back
Anthony Becht- gone but no big deal
Jason Ferguson- might be back but we have 3 other Pro Bowl caliber players on the DL plus Josh Evans will be back.
Jason Glenn- probably gone, good STer but nothing more.
Toby Gowin- probably gone, had a bad year
LaMont Jordan- might be back.
Kareem McKenzie- might be back
James Reed- will be back
Jenyatta Wright- should be back
Jonathan Goodwin- will be back

The most important FAs are: Abe, lamont and Kareem and we will definitely have Abe back and probably 1 of the other 2. We will not be ravaged like 2 years ago b/c we still have alot of cap room left.

You guys are crazy, Herm is a class act and this is coming from a Fins fan. Herm had to the guts to say whatever everyone else is thinking. Briens was inches from a 47 yarder, so Herm gave him more space and he shanked it to the left. As a pro kicker, at this level, with this type of money at stake, he's got to bury the kick. IMO, any kick under 50 yards should be drilled (depending on weather). The weather in Pittsburgh was cold, that's about it. No wind, no rain, no snow, he just shanked the kick. He choked and I think it's a good thing Herm called Brien out because it shows that people will be held accountable for their actions. When a chance to get to the AFC Championship game, u make that kick from 43 yards IMO, no questions asked. Herm is a stand up guy. If the Jets would of run a play on that last kneel and someone fumbled, Herm would of been under the gun, had he made the kick, this whole issue would be mute. It's a no win situation!

Is he supposed to Dave it? We all lost the game from that standpoint? No. They lost because the kicker missed the FG. It's that simple. Has nothing to do with class, it has to do with accepting responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom