To many holes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To many holes

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
The o-line is obviously a major concern. It appears the only rb that will return is Minor, and I doubt Dave is ready to give Travis the title of feature back. DT is in need of some help regardless of what happens to Tim, and Darly. Only having 5 draft picks, and is is assumed at least 1 won't make the team. We can't fix all this through the draft. Dave has to be aggressive in FA. He has to sew up the o-line before the draft since it is the only deep postion in FA. We need to get an impact player at DT or RB in the first round. If we have to use our first round on o-line then it is very doubfull we will end up w/any new talent at RB or DT. This is a make or break off season for Dave, the Jets, Pats and Bills are all improving and it apears right now the Dolphins are slipping. If he can sure up thoose 3 postions we would be right back to where we should be; CONTENDERS, if not well maybe we will be int the hunt for Dorsey, Manning, or Leftwitch.

that's true, but hopefully we'll get a couple of compensatory picks as well and luck into some last off-season cheap free agents like we have in the past: R Jones, B Marion

Dajesus..............

Originally posted by Dajesus
The o-line is obviously a major concern. It appears the only rb that will return is Minor, and I doubt Dave is ready to give Travis the title of feature back. DT is in need of some help regardless of what happens to Tim, and Darly. Only having 5 draft picks, and is is assumed at least 1 won't make the team. We can't fix all this through the draft. Dave has to be aggressive in FA. He has to sew up the o-line before the draft since it is the only deep postion in FA. We need to get an impact player at DT or RB in the first round. If we have to use our first round on o-line then it is very doubfull we will end up w/any new talent at RB or DT. This is a make or break off season for Dave, the Jets, Pats and Bills are all improving and it apears right now the Dolphins are slipping. If he can sure up thoose 3 postions we would be right back to where we should be; CONTENDERS, if not well maybe we will be int the hunt for Dorsey, Manning, or Leftwitch.

I agree with you on one notion, as well with dolfan39 on another. With our new projected cap #(apparently we're now 16.5 million over the projected '02 cap), it will be very difficult to bring in some, if any FA's. We are going to have to make some cuts that we aren't necessarily going to want to make. I think it is vital to draft at LEAST one offensive lineman in the draft. On to 39's perspective. I would hope that our compensatory picks will be useful and that we might be able to snag a few cheaper FA's that will perform above and beyond their salary.;)

Back
Top Bottom