To prove JR's not a jerk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To prove JR's not a jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
RICKYSABEAST said:
Sorry you guys'll have to cut and paste it's my first link posted.
AOL Members-Only Area

:shakeno:

please paraphrase at include 1 or 2 sentences

Sorry, they did a comparison between the lakers and Sopranos. They called the Soprano's "Goombah's"

How board is everyone if one of out main topics is something some guy said at a dinner?

For those non Italians

Gommbah is a slang word which means friend or more accurately close or long time friend. I've never heard it used in a derogatory manner other than to imply ethnicity.

I'll tell you what...why don't you go to Brooklyn (assuming your not Italian) and call a guy on the street a Goombah. I'll go ahead and set up the appointment to get your jaw wired for ya!

I've never heard of that word before. Doesn't sound bad. Must be an Italian thing (knowing the meaning). And even that appears to be up for debate.

Also, I don't think Brooklyn is the best place for benchmarks. You can say hello to someone and receive a "Get lost, jerk" back up there. :lol:

Muck,

It's the same thing as a white guy calling a black guy the N word. An a$s beating will be the result. Atlanta, Brooklyn, Cleveland, Hawaii it'll all be the same.

RICKYSABEAST said:
Sorry, they did a comparison between the lakers and Sopranos. They called the Soprano's "Goombah's"
this season of the sopranos has rocked.

hey, Goombah....see you Monday at Stevie Tomatoes....:lol:

Goombah is not a derogatory term. In fact there is a cook book out called :The Goombah's guide to Italian cooking."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom