To the Raven's fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Raven's fans

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have been curious all season how you guys feal about seeing Dilfer dismissed. I had a fealing before preseason that the change at qb would dirupt the whole flow of the team. I am just saying you had the winning formula last year why change it? What do you guys think?

dilfer really had nothing to do.............

with the superbowl win. he didn't make mistakes, the ravens defense carried them through!;)

Yeah, but that was there game plan. If the offense didn't put the d in a compromising situation then the D could carry them. Their offensive game plan this year put their d in more holes that last. He obviously had something to do w/it since they weren't getting it done w/Banks in there.

I'd be happy to tell you my thoughts, but it would disrupt my positive Mojo for sundays game. The board admin on RN2BB just put a Ban on the "T" word. We may refer to him as last years SB winning QB, or the QB who now plays for the Seahawks. I kid you not. Been many a thread over there debating the issue. Pro "T" vs Pro Elvis.

That is not a bad idea at times I wish Feilder's name was banned from the Dolphin sites I frequent. I wasn't trying to start a debat I was just curious how the majority of Raven fans feal.

Originally posted by Dajesus
That is not a bad idea at times I wish Feilder's name was banned from the Dolphin sites I frequent. I wasn't trying to start a debat I was just curious how the majority of Raven fans feal.

i know you weren't tryin' to start a debate. Me, well I feel that Elvis IS a better QB. Just not THIS year. When Jamal went down it took awhile for our running game to get started. Lost Allen for a few weeks w/ a broken hand, Brookins w/ a broken foot. The Searcy signing was a bust and hurt the O line. So, I'm for improving the OL and getting Jamal back (w/ capable backup) then, see how Elvis does. I'll pass judgement then. T had a lot of intangibles leadership qualities that Elvis seems to lack thus far.
That said, Johnny U at the top of his profession wouldn't do much better w/ the lack of run game and protection. Not to mention our predictible play calling. Our OC is horrible! You'll see. Well, you already did last season!

i'm not saying.............

the ravens offense was not good, i'm just saying it wasn't stellar. the defense was fantastic and i believe that worked throughout the season and the post season play!:D

Re: i'm not saying.............

Originally posted by dolfan06
the ravens offense was not good, i'm just saying it wasn't stellar. the defense was fantastic and i believe that worked throughout the season and the post season play!:D

Well I hope it works out the same for the Ravens THIS post-season.:D

Sometimes you don't know what you got til you lose it. Just not sure if even Dilfer's leadership could have helped us anymore either.

i think grbacis............

Originally posted by ravensjeff
Sometimes you don't know what you got til you lose it. Just not sure if even Dilfer's leadership could have helped us anymore either.
a better QB, dilfer wasn't a bad QB. i think fiedler is better than dilfer, dilfer wasn't really a factor. it was just like plugging a hole in the dam!:D

Grbac vs. Dilfer, that's a mighty big debate going on at RN2 right now. Personally I agree with Crowdog that Grbac has NO front line for protection. He is not a mobile QB, but a pocket passer. Without that O-line and a running game (aka Jamal - although Allen looked good against a weak Viking D) he is not going to be successful. He needs the time. Next year may be different if we put some beef in front of him, but I'm just a little skeptical at this point. (For the record, I think the days of the pure pocket passer are over given the shear speed coupled with the size of today's defensive units).

As for Trent, he held the ball and didn't lose the game for us last year. I personally felt Trent should have been invited back to compete for his job. If that was to be the case, then let the better man win. Grbac would have won the starting position over Dilfer simply because there is little pressure on the QB during training camp, thus he would have time to execute those plays and shine in front of the coaches -- and that's just what he did, he looked great at training camp. You would also have to ask yourself would Dilfer had stayed on, if invited, knowing Grbac was coming in? And, would Grbac even bother coming to B'more if Trent was still in town?

I think Trent was and is the much better leader. He had an understanding and a chemistry with his teammates -- as of yet, I haven't seen too much of that with Grbac. Grbac is the better passer -- again, if he has the time. And just so my Raven bretheren don't get upset with me, Grbac is not the sole problem with our offense! In additon to a bad O line, there are too many dropped passes and our O Coordinator is just plain dismal (didn't he come from Miami????)

In closing, I'll use an old phrase that may upset a few of the 21st century sensitive types: "You don't get rid of the bitch that took you to the dance".

Dilfer was a better fit for the Ravens because all he had to do was to not make mistakes. Elvis was really good last year, but has sucked this year. He makes way too many mistakes. Also, having Lewis injured has hurt them the most.

Back
Top Bottom