TO vs CC stats in first 5 years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TO vs CC stats in first 5 years

hooserdaddy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
It surprises me how much hate there is for CC, and how much support for TO. Please look over both players stats for there first 5 years, and then ask yourself if you really want an aging pain of a player or a young up and coming WR that just had the break out year we were waiting for.​
T.O-------------------------------- C.C.
319 total receptions in 5yrs----------315 total receptions in 5yrs
63.8 avg rec. per year---------------63.0 avg rec. per year
4758 total yards in 5yrs-------------4596 total yars in 5yrs
951.6 avg yards per year------------919.2 avg yards per year
14.9 avg yards per catch for 5yrs----14.6 avg yards per catch for 5yrs
57.2 avg longest catch per year------68.6 avg longest catch per year
43 total touchdowns in 5 years-------39 total touchdowns in 5 years
8.6 avg touchdowns per year---------7.8 avg touchdowns per year

STATS ARE PRETTY CLOSE OVER BOTH PLAYERS FIRST 5 YEARS.

Now now, you know using good, solid logic won't shut these maniacs up. Accurate comparisons only make them babble more frequently. That's how they cope with logic: they just act dumber.

hmm and t.o started out with Steve young...and Jeff garcia during his pro bowl days.

Gotta remember TO played 2nd fiddle to Rice in his early years. TO is deffinetely the better reciever no doubt about that, but he carries way too much excess baggage thus making Chambers the better player for the team. TO has mouthed off at Jeff Garcia and McNabb, god knows what he'd do when Gus gets on his nerves. I am happy with CC as our #1 reciever and Booker as our #2 guy. GO FINZ :dolphins:

yea and TO had steve young as a qb in those beginning years along with a reciever named jerry rice. chambers has had fiedler, griese (who i think we should have given another chance), lucas, and frerotte throwing to him.

the only flaw here is, T.O. didn't start till a little later in his career than Chambers, and Chambers was also our #1 target from the second we drafted him. so in reality chambers number should be better

those are some pretty remarkable stats you dug up there. thanks for the research! the numbers are def skewed since TO was not a #1 option his whole career.

Saban4prez said:
the only flaw here is, T.O. didn't start till a little later in his career than Chambers, and Chambers was also our #1 target from the second we drafted him. so in reality chambers number should be better

He was the 3rd WR his rookie year.

Chris Chambers is not a super star on ESPN every week. ESPN loves Steve Smith, T.O., Randy Moss, Chad Johnson. It doesnt matter what Chambers stats are because he doesnt play for a hyped team currently...so he wont be in all the highlights and he wont be talked about by the whole league. Thats why hes not a big deal. He isnt a BIG NAME and thats what everyone wants. He will be a big name in the future...among the elite 10 in the NFL....just not this year.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
He was the 3rd WR his rookie year.

he was still our primary target that year. anyone who watched that season could tell. He even won us a game that year i believe, with a last second TD. Actually his rookie year ended up being much better than his 2nd year.

Saban4prez said:

Wonder how many drops they had?

Saban4prez said:
he was still our primary target that year. anyone who watched that season could tell. He even won us a game that year i believe, with a last second TD. Actually his rookie year ended up being much better than his 2nd year.

a primary target doesn't only come in on 3 wide reciever sets.

Back
Top Bottom