To you Bama/Phins fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To you Bama/Phins fans

Not sure yet, but I was fed up with the immaturity of Kiffin and his jet sweep.

Already saw some routes and concepts that are much better than what Kiffin threw out there every week. Offensive line just couldn't block long enough tonight for any of it to matter. We lost our oline coach (Mario Cristobal) and it showed, both for us and Oregon.

Also lost our WR coach Billy Napier. Moved on to be OC at Arizona St. after being passed over for the OC job at Bama.

Losing those two coaches hurt. They're good coaches and great recruiters.

I'm not Saban, but in my opinion Daboll has to fix some bugs within his offense. Most notably the constant free rushers unblocked and unaccounted for.

I'll bet high Saban has that remedied by next Saturday.

Not sure yet, but I was fed up with the immaturity of Kiffin and his jet sweep.

Already saw some routes and concepts that are much better than what Kiffin threw out there every week. Offensive line just couldn't block long enough tonight for any of it to matter. We lost our oline coach (Mario Cristobal) and it showed, both for us and Oregon.

Also lost our WR coach Billy Napier. Moved on to be OC at Arizona St. after being passed over for the OC job at Bama.

Losing those two coaches hurt. They're good coaches and great recruiters.

I'm not Saban, but in my opinion Daboll has to fix some bugs within his offense. Most notably the constant free rushers unblocked and unaccounted for.

I'll bet high Saban has that remedied by next Saturday.

Yep. Still saw the Jet Action but only for the purpose of horizontal manipulation and not the constant direct handoff.

I didn't know he was Bama's OC til I watched the game. I didn't know what to think on that. Our OC in Sparano's last season as our HC...the Browns OC before that...not exactly awe inspiring offenses under his watch in the NFL. I guess we'll all see soon enough.

I'm O.k. with Daboll...the O is clicking on all cylinders,right now.
He also doesn't try to get cute like Lane would every so often.

Daboll did an underrated job with the Dolphins in 2011 (chicken salad...).

Honestly not surprised he's doing a good job there.

I don't see it working out. Not with Jalen Hurts as the quarterback. They're oil and water.

Daboll runs a system that requires the QB to stand in the pocket and process information and go through progressions quickly with a back staying in to pass protect. Trace it to the Erhardt-Perkins system.

Hurts can't do it. He processes information way too slowly. Holds on to the ball way too long. Always has. The only way Hurts is a threat is if you run him. I know why he ended up playing QB at Alabama and not for one of these schools in Texas where he's from. They want a QB who's going to throw it. Not stand there and squeeze all the air out of it until the pocket collapses.

The pundits like to make a big deal out of him only having 1 turnover all season. Yep, because he won't throw it. Hard to turn it over when you won't throw it. Receivers are running open. They always are.

Now Tua...that kid will sling it. That's a relationship I could see working out. This offense will always stall with Hurts as the quarterback.

Like I said, Daboll's offense can't work with a runningback masquerading as a quarterback.

The college football media and fans have perpetrated so many myths about Jalen Hurts. Booger McFarland is the only one who ever had the guts to call this one correct....Hurts runs like a runningback. But he throws like one too.

Blake Sims was a better quarterback. And he was a converted runningback. Hurts can't spread the ball around and get the playmakers involved. He's too busy squeezing all the air out of the football.

The problem boils down to this in regards to Hurts, and Alabama's coaching staff is just as guilty as the media and fans are...

...Hurts will make an incredible scramble for a 1st down in a crucial moment and everybody froths at the mouth over how amazing he is. So cool. So clutch. So good.

Wrong. What they don't realize is he had 4 receivers running wide open he should've thrown to instead.

The offense has gone 3 and out way too much the past 2 years. Whether it was Kiffin's offense or Daboll's. It's because of the guy behind center.

The offense can't sustain drives or score enough points against teams with equal talent and coaching. It's put too much pressure on the defense and they get worn out. Clemson ran 99 plays against Bama last year. Auburn ran 42 in the first half today.

Alabama will not play for a championship with Jalen Hurts as the starter in my opinion. Tua will have to be the guy for this offense.

Like I said, the move to Tua had to be made in order to win this championship.

Tua has been the better quarterback since he stepped on campus. This move should've been made a long time ago. You're not down 13-0 with UGA's offense having run 50 plays on you in the first half had this move been made sooner.

Hurts was not outperforming this kid in practice. It's not even possible.

Daboll's offense requires that level of precision and timing. The fit with Hurts was never going to work. Tua reminds me of Stabler.

Back
Top Bottom