Today Is Our Anniversary of the the "MUD BOWL" January 23, 1983 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today Is Our Anniversary of the the "MUD BOWL" January 23, 1983 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Game

PASQUALE

Seasoned Veteran
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this but (memories alive):

This day is a very special day for me as it is the day I became a Dolphins fan 39 years ago (age 12). Wow what a game it was to get us to Super Bowl XVII and what a ride it has been. Happy Anniversary to all who became Dolphins fans that day or whenever you became because WIN or LOSE we all still here!!!! Mine is 39 years and still going. We will all very soon will be seeing a 3rd Super Bowl Championship its coming. GO DOLPHINS!!!

I have it on tape somewhere. That game seemed like a formality to me, after dispatching the Chargers a week earlier. I was really surprised the Jets fans whined about field conditions, as if that variable would have changed the outcome.

BTW, the Dolphins were 2 point favorites. It always seemed strange that Miami went from home underdog to the Chargers, to only 2 point home favorites against the Jets, and then 3 point neutral site favorite against the Redskins. That's not parallel. Kind of the same with current Tampa Bay...3 point underdog against Brees, 3.5 point underdog against Rodgers, and now 3 point underdog against Mahomes. Gad. Let's just say I hope nobody is jumping in fresh on the 43 year old. If you are taking 3 against Mahomes then you needed to get involved during the softer steps.

I was with my high school buddies, cramped in a small bedroom, watching a 21' TV. The pizza was cold, the beer was cheap....yet it was the best of time.

Back
Top Bottom